I Re-Specced and it was Totally Awesome!

Started by Khanus, February 25, 2007, 10:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanus

From Enhancement Build

To This Build:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/shaman/talents.html?2503015500021305125000000000000000000000005003000000000000000
As of 57

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/shaman/talents.html?2503015500021305125000000000000000000000005015301005010000000
For 70

I really like it. In pvp I get some pretty big numbers (1.5k Crits, around 550 Yellow) hitting from the back of the group assisting DPS and throwing in some Totems and Heals. Even took out some 60's one on one when I was lvl 56. For pve it isnt too bad. Its fairly mana efficient and if Clearcasting procs a decent ammount mana isnt a big deal. When the upcomming patch changes the clearcasting effect it will be even better. Having a shield also increased my armor by 50% and my absorbtion from 30% to 48%. I thought it would be a bear to lvl, but I'm actually lvling faster than before. Thanks Elemental/Resto Spec :)

Vengeance

sweet, i like that build. Seems you can go on for a long time too without stopping for a while  :D

Khanus

Yeah, I'm a fan of big numbers and burst damage. This is definatly the build for it, and it's fairly mana efficient all things considered.

Arcdelad

cant wait to spill some blood with a shammy :) grats man!!!

thats the one class i have no idea how to utilize when leading an instance...ive played a lot wth my UD lock with uso's tauren shammy, but its hard to guage what that class is good at when im standing behind him in shadowfang keep watching him mow down people on my way to get arugal's goodies....

Khanus

Lol to tell you the truth I dont really know how I'd be utilized in an instance either. I could definatly OH and throw totems down, and some lightning bolts as well. I guess it would really depend on the instance. In 5 mans I think I'd be mostly healing, totem dropping, and cleansing. 25 man I could add a little lightning to the mix.

usonian

This is almost the exact build I have on my 58 Tauren Shaman right now.  I have the full Blue Dragon Mail set and I do some pretty incredible damage from a distance with Storm Reach maxed out.  I haven't seen what Outland has brought for 58-60 shaman yet so this set may be outdated.  This build is especially helpful in PVP when you get people in groups and can nail them with a 1300-900-500 Chain Lightning Crit.  The only drawback is you have to be able to keep your distance or you go down pretty quick (I have a ton of INT and not a lot of STA).  Kiting with a low level Frostshock, Earthbind and Lightning works well for conserving mana with this build.

I haven't run too many instances with him but when I have my role was backup everything - backup healing, backup DPS, cleansing and support with totems.  You can main heal a group that knows how to play at these levels but everything has to remain fairly controlled.

voctovian

Well, I would think that there must be "of the sorcerer" mail pieces from outland (+int/stam/spelldmg) that would provide at least comparable +int and would give you much higher +stam and +spelldmg.  I know that has made a world of difference for pallies... I use mostly plate "of the sorcerer" peices all the time on Voc.  I have a few trinkets/rings/neck/back for healing, but the only +int, +stam, +healing pieces sadly are cloth (of the physician). 

I find that the +stam/int/spelldmg gear to be very flexible.. fantastic for soloing, but still useful to heal/DPS/tank/pvp.

Khanus

I had the Blue Dragon Mail set, but most of it got replaced with greens at lvl 58 when I went to outlands. Now most of my gear has an X mana per 5 sec on it, and I've lost about 200 manan but gained a lot of spell damage, some stam, and mana regen. Lol in pvp even close up I do alright took down three peple attacking a GY in AV the other day, a hunter, rogue and mage combo pretty easy. Earth bind totem, Elelental Mastery, Chain lightning, Lightning bolt, Frostshock, Hunter goes down, Lightning Bolt Crit Mage is down, Magma totem picks up the rogue as he tried to come in behind me, FS him Lightning Bolt FS again rogue down lol and I still had 70% health and 40% mana. They must have sucked, and thats gunna be a pain to read lol. I got rid of the lvl 17 Lavishly Jewled Ring in the outlands too finialy:)

Khanus

This spec still rocks, have been lvling with it since 54 and am now 50k away from 67. I'm thinking about changing the three point from unrelenting storm to eye of the storm upon reaching 70 as I will mostly be doing pvp and arena where mana regen wont be a big deal. Even in PvE if I throw too many lightning bolts in a short ammount of time I'd have the entire instance comming down on me since i have a 20% spell crit rate and crit for a little more than 2k. I'm not saying that the other shamans lvl this build, but after getting to 70 most of you will probably ditch enhancement for resto or elemental.

Arcdelad

woot...cant wait to have a real shammy in our groups :) now how does a shammy integrate into groups again? :P

dharq

very similar to what i'm planning on doing at level 70 for pvp & raiding..
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/shaman/talents.html?2500315520021035105000000000000000000000005205300005010000000

Basically arc, shaman can fill almost any role in the group depending on their spec. they can be major ranged or melee dps, they can be a decent OT (with a good group and gear), or they can be a primary or backup healer. They primarily make every other class in their group tougher.

The hardest thing I think about being a shaman in an alliance group is that most alliance players aren't used to the proximity based buffs that don't move (totems). Playing as a tight, cohesive group was essential for the horde for a long time due to the way shaman work compared to paladins, and allies just don't have that mindset down as well yet imo. It's going to take us some practice to find the best way to place totems and stay within their AOE in order to receive the buffs during encounters.

imo, elemental shaman are the most flexible. One set of gear allows them to do decent healing, great dps, and moderate melee dps if the need arises. Enhancement is good, but it's basically like playing a dps warrior in that you have lots of threat generation but no reliable way of dumping aggro if you take it... Enh shaman also have lower armor (especially dual wielding or 2handed) and they just can't take the same amount of hits that a warrior can. Resto shaman are awesome, but I honestly hate being a heal-monkey, so I prefer the elemental route since I can still fill a variety of roles in the group.

Khanus

I like to use FS on non caster types, IE warrior rogues. Otherwise I save my shocks so I can inturrupt a heal or spell. It kinda sucks because I lose some of my damage by waiting for people to cats and use my ES, but I usually fill that time with Lbolt throwing, purging, and healing. The one thing shamans need more that anything is CC. I was told earthbind is a form of CC, but I strongly disagree. When affected by earthbind you can still heal, attack doeverything you normally can you just walk slow. I dont think anyone considers crippling posion CC and its the same kinda thing, so is frost shock. Even some form of knockdown would be nice....shield bash...I like it.