DamageMeters, SWStats, and all those dmg tracking addons

Started by Shadowwolf, June 15, 2007, 11:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un4

If taken to an extreme, though, it also leads to lost aggro and wipes :P
un4

Shadowwolf

You shouldnt be relying solely on a 3rd party addon to gauge that by itself. Its one of those things that Blizz didnt incorporate an easy way for the addon to gather its info so they found a way to do it by scanning logs and such. Anything thats not getting the info straight up from the WoW client has its flaws as we've all seen with KTM a few times now. You should be able to know how much you can dps before you become a threat above the tanks without the need of a program that displays it for you.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Nixphire

I'm just trying to highlight the good that can come out of an addon like that. You would be able to see if someone is highly behind on the damage meter also, and help him to improve his play. Or if one DPSer is way above the others, he might be able to give some tips on what he is doing that everyone else is not doing.

I also want to add that I understand where you're coming from as far as causing wipes. I'm just looking at it from a different angle