Unpleasant AQ20 run with Shadow Knight...

Started by Shadowwolf, August 21, 2006, 12:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Last night I ran AQ20 with a majority of Shadow Knight. I was one of about 5 or 6 people from a pickup invite to fill the vacant slots they needed.

Overall, the fights went well, however the personalities and attitudes of those in that guild left me with a renewed dislike of them and an oath to myself to never do anything with them again.

Kurinnaxx (Boss 1) dropped [wowitem]21214[/wowitem]. Naturally, on my mage I rolled for it, along with 2 or 3 other mages from SK. Well, I won with a 94. Unfortunately, it was answered with a bunch of whining, complaining and negative comments in Vent and raid chat by people in SK about "losing out to a PUG Mage" and so on. Now, this guild claims to have run thru MC completely a few times and working on BWL, etc, whatever. So I wouldnt be surprised if they ran AQ20 regularly with the guild. For those of you who dont know, pretty much every time you kill Kurinnaxx he drops a book of some sort for a spell rank of all classes that have a book. Its not like it wont drop again and they wont have another shot at it sometime soon.

I just found that in such bad taste as I earned as much a right to that roll for helping get to that boss and downing him as anyone else there yet they have to make those comments. Simply pathetic. Additionally, while I wasnt saying anything but was observing, they Master Looted all the Scarabs that dropped and never said a word to any of the PUG persons about having a chance to roll after. Seems like they horded them for thier guild only. For those who dont know, the scarabs work like the coins in ZG and are used for turnins with Cenarion Circle and Brood of Noz for items and faction.

Just a word of warning to anyone who might have the chance to group on a mostly SK guild run they might be doing, this might happen to you.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Darkling

I'll definitely make sure that I don't run AQ with them, or the guild that Magelicious runs. She was needing all the scarabs as well and wouldnt allow anyone to have them. Dark Destiny Mystics. I have no problem with that guild as I have run things with them before in different pugs. Overall they seemed cool, and magelicious actually helps me out a bit with enchants I amy need or want.

But SK, after not one, but two horror stories...I'll pass.

Shadowwolf

You know id have been more forgiving if they actually told people the intentions of the scarabs and stuff beforehand. But no one said word 1 about it. They just kept it on ML the whole time and some of the other PUG persons had no idea what purpose those things served. Honestly, if they said ahead of time "This is a guild run and we'd really like to keep the scarabs for our guild, but does anyone have an issue with that?" i'd have said not really. But then to make me feel like crap because I won the roll for an item people in thier guild wanted also but lost out on, thats just rude.

While I generally dont blame a whole guild for personal actions of certain members, in this instance it was a large group who was making these comments and no one else bothered to put a stop to it or correct them. That right there shows me they all think along the same lines or would idly stand by and let injustice take place without saying a word. This also being my 3rd negative experience with guild members from SK and hearing stories of a similar nature from others....well...its obvious im not incorrect in thinking I should stay away.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Lyte

Ugh, ya that was pretty rude of them.  I wouldn't group with them.

Tolwen

Shadow, gratz for the book:)

umm i have 2friends in SK that i do 90% of my instance runs with em...

1 was saying that there are some crappy ppl in it

Shadowwolf

I got an ingame mail tonight from the SK Guild Master and he apologized. Still doesnt change my mind but it was noble of him to do so.

un4

un4

Kothnok

2 steps back, 1 step forward

Sucks that you confirmed your already low opinion of SK =/

Tol... maybe your SK friends would like to join us instead. =)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Tolwen

lol, i would ask em, but i dont like asking ppl that are in a guild already to join our guild cuz i dont like it 1bit when some1 does that with me...but maybe they will 1day 8)

Lyte

lol, i would ask em, but i dont like asking ppl that are in a guild already to join our guild cuz i dont like it 1bit when some1 does that with me...but maybe they will 1day

Same here.  If someone approaches me about our guild and they are currently guilded, I will still talk to them.  But I don't try to approach them badmouthing their guild or whatnot, trying intimidate them into ours.  I'm so worn down from all the big raiding guilds doing that to us, trying to throw money at our people and such trying to get them to join them.

Shadowwolf

Yea we kinda pride ourselves on not soliciting currently guilded persons to join us, part of that casual no-pressure atmosphere we have. If people ask, which we have had some do, then I will by all means support them, but I never try and bait them away. Karma is a pain and ive seen first hand how it comes back around in triple.

un4

un4

Darkling

No way could they steal Emma. I'd slice dice poison gank rupture garrot and eviscerate their asses!

un4

I'd just shoot them.  No sense in denying them an early arrival to the Hell they'd deserve after that.
un4

Emmalina

Nah, that guy from Retaliation was just a punk. Hard to steal someone from their ignore list! ;p

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5