Woot for....Onyx?

Started by Emmalina, September 09, 2006, 01:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmalina

I haven't really had any experience with the Horde side of things in WoW, other than being continuously dismantled in AB and WSG. Tonight I was working on Cenarion Rep in Silithus and was deep into some Twilight cave in the NE to kill Vyral the Vile. I'm struggling with immolation and the continuous patrols when a warrior and a shaman from Onyx charge past, clear the cave and kill Vyral. I follow them up, and with some intersting emoting, I communicate that I needed to kill him as well. They both wait 10 minutes for him to respawn, make sure I tag him, then proceed to clear the adds in the room while I kill Vyral. The three of us work our way out, they wave and head off. I'm not a fan of getting beat in the BG's, but I guess it eases the pain a bit to know that, at least every once in a while, I'm getting beat by good people.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Shadowwolf

Despite kicking everyones butt in the BGs, those guys do follow a very strict set of rules and standards. I was reading thru thier charter a few weeks ago and theres a lot of things in there that is refreshing to see outlined. Plus you are very right, its nice to run into good people now and then, even moreso when its the opposing faction.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Darkling

I've had quite a few experiences with Onyx outside the bg's. They were usually the ones I was tagteaming with when I was talking about the horde helping me as I was helping them. They are a pretty cool bunch of people.

un4

I'm all for codes of conduct.  Glad they're living up to theirs.
un4

Gailzee

Wow, that was real cool of them! Yeah, there are some good guilds/peeps online, it is refreshing to see stuff like this.

voctovian

Well, havent had much help from Onyx, but horde are people too..  ;).  I was doing a mage quest in Duskwallow and saw a lower level horde start the quest I had come to do.  I helped her finish (she was having problems) and she was gracious enough to help me do mine afterwards.  A little /cheer goes a long way.  Refreshing when there are so many idiots (on both Alliance and Horde)

Voc

Muridin

Onyx has always had a place i ntheir hearts for me, if they recongnise me, they actually might dance with me ( Old Peace Keepers tradition, aftera raid on X-R, just unflag and dance, and the horde actually do that )

like people been saying, there a some fantastic peeps ingame, on both factions, it would be nice if we could actually communicate with them properly, like learn their language, or them learn ours .... which btw, can be done ... i was in IF, doing some random stuff ( running around, buying mats, making stuff ) when a lvl 60 human Mage yelled in ORCISH, orcish mind you, me love you ... which could be read by the alliance players because theres a way to talk between using aa ee oo uu's ( dont ask, i dont know myself )

so there must be a way to actually learn there language ( and ive gotten off topic ) so we can communicate when in need around azeroth, and just to have a good time with the horde, as they are decent players ( thats better )

im gonna troll around the net to find if and how you can learn other races languages ...

un4

I ganked an Onyx alt.  Twice.  Anyone know how many times it takes to make the KoS list?  ]:D
un4