Why I love the BG's

Started by Jandris, September 12, 2006, 05:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jandris

I am in WSG - the gates open and everyone runs out. I am left alone to defend the base, so I prepare a message - Horde at base. When the horde enters all I have to do is hit enter & hope for someone to show up. (No one ever does) Rezing at the graveyard, our side down 2 to 0, I see Horde running into the base. Following on their heels I find two alliance players - one with the horde flag. Needless to say our flag is not there. I shield the flag carrier, heal her & start beating on the horde. Five against three - with freg. heals on the flag carrier, repeat shields, I am out of mana and low on health.  That is when the other player calls on me to heal him. We wipe and the other player says -"yells: Jandris learn how to play a pally! " I realize with my ego so greatly enlarged that I will be hard to live with but I will try to be humble.

Darkling

lol, don't worry about those guys. do you know how many times i go after their flag carrier (usually a druid or shaman) and attack him to try to get our flag back. suddenly i'm cursed, frozen, debuffed, stunned, and hacked to death? then it's my fault we didn't get our flag back. these people more than likely don't know how to play themselves. and most being from other realms, who cares what they think and the ones that are from our realm, i find /ignore to be a viable option after i have sent a piece of my own mind. nothing burns someone in the game more than telling them off and having them on ignore immediately after. so evil. ]:D

Kothnok

what Tb said... besides, you know how to play a pally... conserve mana by not healing jerks. ;)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Gailzee

I remember yelling out that the horde was coming up the tunnel and someone told me, "who cares."  They were busy farming HKs and didn't want to defend the flag, why it may cost them two extra HKs if they had to stop and actually defend the objective...

I have found we pretty much never win unless we have a premade.

Lyte

I can heal and heal and heal my heart out and not hear anything in response sometimes, and then I miss ONE person and I hear all about it all over the bg channel about how I didn't heal him!  I hate people like that.

Emmalina

Honestly, I really only heal in AV and very situationally in in WSG and AB. Alterac tends to be more of a large raid atmosphere, so I hit 'V', which I have binded to friendly players health, and let the little green bars fill my screen since I'm rarely in the same group as the people I'm actually around in game. WSG and AB...away goes the healing gear and out comes the +INT gear. I lost my healing motivation for the exact reason you just described Lyte, so unless I need to keep a flag carrier alive or something, I do my best Mage-ery in the BG's.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Darkling

I never expect heals in any bg. I usually end up getting serparated from groups anyway cause if I'm not in stealth, I'm an immediate target. Even more so than priests. I just do my best to put a halt to someone (i.e. stunlock them) to help others out. Otherwise, I hunt for solo targets to take out and use healing pots if necessary.

Genoism

when i used to pvp on my priest or pally and ppl would yell heal at me, I would just yell back that they didn't pay me for it. Sometimes I would just shrug em off with a 'make me' kinda attitude cuz I wasn't in the mood to deal with them.

Forget what people say in bgs, all of them have their own grand idea's as to how to win it and they all attempt to carry it out spouting what everyone should be doing once in a while. Naturally of course everyone is attempting to solo the bg like the rest of the game and hence the loss.

Jandris

Thanks - seems I am guild spoiled - too used to the teamwork here. Time to remember that it is everyone for themselves in bg and just use it to get what I want.

Tolwen

...lol for me the 1 of reasons that I stayed Resto after the change was ppl giving me compliment on healing in BGz  :D

but once i ran out of mana and a ...... was yelling at me cuz not healing him..

70% of ppl in BGz are .... i think cuz there like ppl that do raids for items ..these guyz only care of rewards and ranks

un4

Quote from: Thingiebob on September 12, 2006, 01:18:44 PM
I never expect heals in any bg. I usually end up getting serparated from groups anyway cause if I'm not in stealth, I'm an immediate target. Even more so than priests. I just do my best to put a halt to someone (i.e. stunlock them) to help others out. Otherwise, I hunt for solo targets to take out and use healing pots if necessary.
You know it.  Ambush crit for 50-100% of the target's health ftw!
un4

magnetite

I was called a noob flag carrier when the guy dropped the flag and when I went to pick it up and go ghost wolf form, I ran into an alliance guy by accident. Didn't see him coming. Pssshh.