Go get 'em Shadow!

Started by Zario, April 28, 2008, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Probably not. I won the contest 2 yrs in a row, was asked to come back and run it which I passed on. I might sponsor an event in the future but my schedule with work is too inflexible for me to take a week off work to head out to Vegas. I plan to take a week off for July 4th to spend with friends, but Im not so sure thats going to happen either at this point.

Not to mention that its starting to become more of a tourist attraction these days instead of a meeting of the minds. Ive watched the general skill level and know-how of the patrons regress over the years and last I heard from a friend of mine that went last year, its mostly suits and neophytes now, the experienced people either dont come or are so outnumbered they stay in the background. Its become more of an excuse to get drunk and wreck a public place than a convention of hackers these days. Im too old for that kind of thing now a days. Tying one on for me these days involves planning to do nothing for at least 3-4 days while I recover, gone are the days of next day bounce back and working through a hangover =/

I got my black badges for lifetime membership and claim to something only a few in this world can say, im happy =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess