Enchanting 225+

Started by Kothnok, September 19, 2006, 03:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kothnok

Couple of questions for those that have trained enchanting past 225.

I know that the trainer to get you to 300 is located in Uldaman, but what exactly should I expect?
Is this a normal trainer that will list several formulas that you can train as well as the ability to get to 300?

I found this succinct post of what to expect, but I don't know if it really is accurate or just more FUD.
QuoteIMPORTANT: Have many mats with u to lvl from 225 to 250 and be able to get all the training there. Especially vision dust and greater nether essence. I believe 40 vision dust and 10 greater nether would be enough. And around 10g for the trainings of course. Good luck!

Vision dust is easy to come by at Navar's level, but 10 Greater Nether Essences?  I think I have 1.  Not to mention 10g for whatever training he mentions is a bit steep considering I'm looking at 80ish for a mount soon.

Advice on what to expect so I can decide what to do about it would be greatly appreciated. :)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Grendeel

Yeah its a normal trainer although you will only be trained with enchants up to 250ish i believe.  The rest of them (the good ones) will be learned out in the world.   Mostly I did this just to have the ability to train to 300.  That post is fairly accurate.  Here is a link to a detailed description of how to get to 300 as efficiently as possible and what levels will give you what types of shards and dust

http://www.xs4all.nl/~brt/wow/guides/skillupenchanting.html

Drygioni

I seem to remember doing it in 2 runs. at lvl 35 Thane and Dias ran me to her and I bought everything I could. then took those new enchants and lvl'd up until i could go back with a PUG and get the rest. Once you get Fiery you can whore yourself out in IF and SW and make enough G to buy mats and any other higher lvl recipes.

I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times; people are suckers for a glowing weapon.

With just fiery and Icy enchants i made enough gold to buy the crusader recipe and then doing crusader I made a fortune. all squandered on useless crap of course :)

Shadowwolf

I made it to 260 i think or 250, cant recall the exact and visited her with your help on Ayrn. I was able to buy all she had then. Most of my skillup was making Wizard Oils and Mana Oils. Easy skillup, not bad mats, and sell well.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Caedryne

[quote author=Drygioni link=topic=550.msg2963#msg2963 date=1158798611

I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times; people are suckers for a glowing weapon.

So are glowing weapons useless ? Are there better ones ? And where do I get them ?

Drygioni

the enchant property enchances the weapon. plus each different enchant makes the weapon glow a different colour. if you sit in SW for a while you will see in general chat people asking for there sword to glow. people would send me tells askin if i could make their sword red. I would say " would you like Fiery weap, beastslayer, or demonslayer?" always got the same answer. "I dont care, i just want it to look cool"
or I would have mats for +dmg (blue glow) and when selling it people wouldnt want it because the didnt want a blue sword they wanted red

Caedryne

Kothnok

Thanks for all the input, it was all quite helpful. =)
Navar is a couple of levels from Uldaman, so I'll scrape together mats for a while.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Tankgrl

I found a good post on thottbott and I gathered the mats and did it all in one run...there is a nice map to the trainer and it is an easy run for a sixty.

:snowman_smiley:

Post found here: http://thottbott.com/?sp=13920

DO IT ALL IN ONE TRIP!!

Get these mats to bring with you to Uldaman:

90 Vision Dust
20 Dream Dust
20 Lesser Nether Essence
10 Greater Nether Essence

This may be a little more than you need, but get that many to be sure you will have enough (some things will yellow as you work your way up and may not lvl you every time)

After training Artisan, do the following:

Enchant Gloves-Agility (225-235)
Get training
Enchant Chest-Superior Health (235-245)
Get training
Enchant Bracer-Greater Strength (245-265)
Get training

You can only train recipes up to 250, so you actually only need to go that high to get everything from there.

Hope this helps!

Information from:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~brt/wow/guides/skillupenchanting.html

sweetblood

Im at 250 and would at least like to get to 275 to disenchant items i have but its just getting the greater nether (or lesser) or greater radiant shards to get there without paying alot on ah.Ive been to uldman, brd and maraudon,but didnt drop from pieces.(I was soloing and didnt want to go too far without knowing im not doing it for nothing).Are there certain bosses or places that have a good drop rate to disenchant from?I know its a better drop from weapons, so im told.

Grendeel

Its random what you will get from items Sweet.   There is a general rule as to what essence/shard you will get from  certain level items which is listed in the link i posted above.   From there

Level 36-40: Much vision dust/lesser nether essence.
Level 41-45: Little dream dust/greater nether essence.   
Level 36-40: Small radiant.
Level 41-45: Large radiant.   

Dust and Essence:
Generally the dust is from armor and the essence is from weapons, though it can randomly be anything.

One thing u can do is look for these item levels on the ah and possibly purchase them cheaper than the dust/essence and de them into what you need (hopefully).  Sadly, its random :(   Those item levels will garner you the best chance at getting the essence you need though.

vakiller

i never went to ulda while leveing enchanting and i did it last month ...went straight from tower in elwynn to helfire penninsula honor hold trainer

sweetblood

Nixphire

Yeah, I'm not sure you need to go to Uldaman any more, I trained level 300 in IF.