The Big 3.0.2 Broken Addon's Thread

Started by Shadowwolf, October 15, 2008, 02:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

If you experience a broken addon or addon issue, post it here with any detailed errors or behavior you can to help with troubleshooting.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

fiere redfern

Narrowed down my chat issue to XRS - running everything but that and no issues yet =)

Shadowwolf

Talented is busted, dont use it yet. Error on trying to load the talent frame saying the data is old.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Bugsack and Buggrabber dont work at all. Icon doesnt load nor do any command line commands work.

Fixed with the latest version

Shadowwolf

XLoot throws an XML tooltip error when looting.

Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2675:
Usage:GameTooltip:IsOwned(frame)

Latest update fixes this.

Shadowwolf

CT_RaidTracker throws an error on load:

[attach=1]

Shadowwolf

Fizzwidget Disenchant Predictor causes a server disconnect on mouseovers of any item.

Took me 30min to narrow that one down. =/

This has been fixed in the latest release.

http://www.fizzwidget.com/

Shadowwolf

auf_Banzai might need an additional library to work right, I got an error till I installed this. Attached is the library.

Fleecy

well ItemPrice doesn't do anything for me at all...idk if there is something I need to make it show me the prices of things...

Also I was trying to report someone and got a message stating: BigWigs blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI. You can disable this addon and reload the UI.   

And I didn't get anything telling me that the ticket/complaint was turned in...   ???

Cartographer is not showing my herb nodes on my mini map or the normal map  /sigh  I hate patches, but I'm lovin my new spells hehe

Shadowwolf

Itemprice works with Mendeleev ([url]http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=6061.0[/url)] now I found and no longer alone.

As far as the BigWigs thing, I have no clue. Cartographer_Herbs is still not updated, been waiting but I havent seen it and dont even know when to expect it. Theres talk they may discontinue Cartographer's development altogether, which would really suck =(

elsabet

Prat - won't save main names
Cartographer (or maybe bliz map idk) - can't right click to move out to larger area
Oufitter - doesn't switch profiles when clicked on
unknown program - keeps saying "fatality" in some stupid annoying baby like voice.  I guess I could disable them one at a time to figure out which program this is, but I was hoping someone might know.

Sorry, I don't know where to find the errors for these.

Shadowwolf

I highly suggest using these 2 addons for collecting errors:

http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=6002.0

It would be a lot easier for me to help people with whats causing some of these issues if I saw the errors, that addon allows you to copy and paste them.

Shadowwolf

Just be patient guys, patch was only released 4 days ago, some of these addons are done as a hobby so the people who make them arent serious programmers. The large majority of the "essential" addons are working, its most of the extra ones that are problematic still and they should come along. Give it another week.

elsabet

K, I have them.  How do I extract the errors?

Quote from: Shadowwolf on October 18, 2008, 02:33:58 PM
I highly suggest using these 2 addons for collecting errors:

http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=6002.0

It would be a lot easier for me to help people with whats causing some of these issues if I saw the errors, that addon allows you to copy and paste them.

Fleecy

Thanks shadow!

One other thing I'm noticing with decursive is that the squares aren't lighting up to tell me that someone has a debuff I can remove unless i mouse over the square for that person.  Not sure if that's something that's going to be fixed or what not.  I did download those bug addons, if I get any major errors I'll copy & paste em here.