Main Menu

UGH...

Started by Fleecy, November 05, 2008, 04:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleecy

So twice within one week I've had to reinstall wow... I'm beginning to think it is an addon that is causing the problem.  Idk, anyone else having this problem??

My normal addons are as follows:

Cartographer
Ag_unitframes
Outfitter
Decursive
oRA2
Omen
BigWigs
Yata
Recount
Atlas loot
BugGrabber & Bugsack

For leading raids (these are only enabled when I lead a raid which is very rarely) I also have:
Incubator
Xloot & Xloot Master

I think that is it, but I don't remember for sure... If I remember anything more I'll modify my post.

Shadowwolf

I use all of those and then some and havent had a problem yet. Maybe your hard drive is going bad?
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Fleecy

It's possible, I have a POS refurbished Compaq we got 2 Christmas' ago iirc... cause it was on sale for like $300 or something like that...

I was kinda hoping that it was an addon rather than the PC... I really can't afford a new one atm  :'(

Well after talking with Cy, he thinks you are right shadow, he was thinking that last night when he was finishing my install....

Riddlerr

I think its the user...  ]:D

Fleecy

har, har, har  :P  smarty pants

Shadowwolf

Small things like that where files randomly corrupt are usually the first signs of hard drive failure. Its happened to me in the past too. Id highly suggets you start backing up all your important stuff to CD or some place safe in case.

Plus, you dont really need a new PC, you can pick up a new hard drive at a local PC shop for 100 bucks for like 500gig. Its not something youd have to worry about losing if the computer ever completely died either, could always use it in a new PC as a secondary. So long as you have the recovery CD for the machine and all the software you need to install everything again, its just a matter of taking the old drive out and popping the new one in.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Fleecy

Yeah, thanks for the advice.  Cy's checking out futureshop.ca atm looking for one.  Most of the important stuff is on his pc anyway hehe, so not like I need to back up much.

Shadowwolf

Oh thats right, you guys are in Canada, idk what prices are then. Might be more as you usually end up paying a little more on things then we do for some reason.

Gutboy

Quote from: Shadowwolf on November 05, 2008, 05:46:33 PM
Oh thats right, you guys are in Canada, idk what prices are then. Might be more as you usually end up paying a little more on things then we do for some reason.

Costs extra to ship stuff by dogsled...  :hallo8:

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Ity

Valerian

Had to re-install twice myself over the last month or so in addition to getting random crashes to desktop with some regularilty but I just figured it was some virus I picked up from visiting certain.......er "adult entertainment" sites  ]:D

Fleecy

Haha, the only way I'd have a virus from something like that....would be if Cy was surfing the net on my pc while I'm at work  :P  He has his own pc, so if he so chooses to do that...well then he better be using his own and not mine lol

Idk what happened, I seem to be running ok the last couple days *fingers crossed*  I didn't reload a few addons only the ones that I absolutely need like oRA2, decursive, aguf a couple more but yeah... /shrug who know's

Riddlerr

LMAO - Unfornately my dual boxing "adult entertainment" sites has come to an end since Fleecy's computer cannot handle it.  So for now her computer shall run fine. well maybe....   ]:D