Is it possible to do a shortcut run in UBRS for chest piece

Started by Grendeel, October 26, 2006, 12:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendeel

I never get to pull, so i never see whats up by Drakk.  I was wondering if it was possible if 2 druids/rogues could stealth to the spot where we jump back down into the rookery and do the doomriggers clasp quest?   If so, can i die near the wall where we normally jump down from and have the druid rez me back up top.    Then i can summon the whole raid and we can get to Drakk much quicker than the normal way.

Its just a thought and since the chest piece is the hardest to get, it would be nice if we could run multiple instances in a single nite.

Shadowwolf

Those openings have gates that come down until Drakk is dead. Plus you have all those pats and 6 mob groups inside that room. Not saying theres no way, just would be tricky to find one.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

actually you cant even get up there unless you clear the arena right? i think this is a long shot gren...luckily this place drops great loot, and from last nights run, its getting way easier than the first time i ran it with twilight...how long did rend last? 30 seconds? wasnt he dead almost before he hit the ground from falling off his mount? :P

Shadowwolf

Thats true, theres a gate between Rend and The Beast that doesnt open till Rend dies too. Completely forgot about that one too.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Aldel

I did a run today in UBRS, they dropped into Rend's arena from where the Spectators would stand after we started, skipping a small room of mobs. Don't know if its actually faster or not cause I don't pull much either :Bat:

Kothnok

The problem with jumping down from the spectator seats is that if you back up to the gate a bit too close, you agro those outside it and they warp in and kick your butt.  Walking through walls I guess is only something we can't do. =/  It's much much safer to just clear out that small room first (you have to go out that way anyway) so that it doesn't cause any problems.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

yea its too easy to aggro the room behind, and by clearing it, also allows any warlocks or priests in the group to fear mobs if need be. Plus, if someone mistakenly tab targets and shoots one of the spectators, if that room and hallway behind is clear, by the time the mobs get to you, theres a good chance they will evade back to the seats, if that room behind isnt clear, its all over.

We had 1 too many problems doing the jump thing, takes an extra 5min if that to clear the hall and room behind which personally Id rather do then pay for a potential wipe. If you fail at Rend you have to reset the instance unfortunately. No getting around him.