LFG is for little kids.

Started by magnetite, October 26, 2006, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnetite

All I see is all this nonsense put into that global LFG. Chuck Norris spam, other spam, mindless babble. I'm just trying to get a damn group for DM and it's overrun by 8 year olds.  :o ::) :-[ >:(

Emmalina

I'm not sure if you use Call to Arms, it's a mod that shuts off LFG Channel in your chat box and runs it thorugh CTA. You can set CTA to filter the messages so it will show everything, only things that contain LFG or LFM in them somewhere, and so on. I love it, no more LFG spam!

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

un4

I have an ignore list larger than some third world countries.
un4

magnetite

LOL. Yeah I'm still looking for that DM Dreadsteed group as we speak. Someone whispers me and says, we can help you, but you need to pay us 50-100g. Like, dude. I've forked out 500g out of my own wallet and you want me to give you 100g so you can help me get my dreadsteed?? It's a favor.

Lovica

Usually (most) people expect something in return when they do favors, that's just human nature.

If you don't think they deserve the 50g-100g then you can either look for other warlocks that need this quest or try asking guild members.

As for stupid comments on LFG channel, most of the people who spam it have way too much time on their hands and think chatting on LFG will give them a meaning in their lives, but usually they'll behave unless they are provoked by something or someone.

magnetite

Not in a guild right now, but I do know an friend of mine who's still in the guild who said he'd help me. We're still friends and all, even though I had good reasons for leaving.

Darkling

LMAO, on Andorhol server, I'm contantly chattering on LFG channel cause I can't get a guild there to invite my rogue. No one else to talk to. Guess there are just way too many rogues on that server. Oh, and I'll be back 95% come tonight or tomorrow with TB and the rest of my guys.