Dishonorable Kills

Started by Darkling, October 31, 2006, 09:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

Ok, last nights raid on the crossroads was fun. However, I will no longer be participating on raids like that anymore. I now have 8 dk's and I have gone down one rank. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I busted my ass getting to where I was. So now I have to bust my ass even harder. This is really no ones fault, I'm just ranting here to get it off my chest that I'm pissed off about it. But, it happens, and I'll get back to where I was and more this week. I'm seriously looking at commander rank next week.

Shadowwolf

Yea we discussed this a bit in chat last night after you logged. Most didnt understand what kind of impact DKs had and I explained all that to everyone. It was a first time PvP raid for most so these things will happen. I would suggest though if anyone is striving for a particular rank that it might not be a good idea to attend Horde City raids until you reach it. DKs are usually going to happen, not in the number as some of us experienced last night, which I think was partly due to that outside guild Pally intentionally targeting civilians, but generally they happen in 1's and 2's and in a raid of 10-20+ the penalty is spread out more and doesnt impact as severely each person.

Dishonorable Kills (DK's) result in an instant 2% rank loss. Meaning as soon as the kill is credited to you, you will loose 2% of your current rank and it will show on your PvP tab in the character frame. Now in a raid, that 2% is spread evenly amongst all the raid members, so in a 40 person raid, a DK would basically decrease your rank by 0.05% or somewhere around there. For someone working on a rank like GM or whatever thats still an unnecessary loss.

Best advice I can give for PvP town raids is watch the AOE attacks like Multishot, Blizzard, etc and never use the tab key to target.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

MrMatrixaplix

pvp town raid = just be with the group but not "in" the raid party and you'll be just fine and have just as much fun!

un4

un4

Darkling

We did break group, but for some reason, 2 more dk's showed up for me even though I stopped killing after the first 2 dk's made me break group.

Shadowwolf

That other pally kept bringing them in with the groups of guards and so I dont think any of us realized when we attacked inside the focused group some were civilians. =P
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Muridin

a little hint from an ex Peace Keepers member who used to raid XR every weekend.

NEVER.ENTER.THE.CITY

under no circumstances, only those who know wat theyre doing should enter..... next guild raid on XR, ill show you wat i mean ....

un4

Hehe, I'm game for another go at XR  ]:D

Come here, little shammie...
un4

Shadowwolf

Little? lol

she blew by you in level long ago, haha.

un4

un4