Seriously Dislike this beta system

Started by Shadowwolf, August 15, 2013, 08:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

So...

Apparently they lock the servers from the majority of testers after they are done doing stress testing. So basically I got to log on, attempt to create a char and then I got kicked off when the test phase ended.

My email to them was as follows:

QuoteThe "Run as Administrator" suggestion seemed to work perfectly. Definitely a permissions issue with the loader somewhere still needing to be worked out. One issue now though is after participating in the stress test, I got a message "You are not allowed to use this server" or something to that effect (the exact phrasing escapes me) and now I cant log into the server listed. Was I only invited to test the load of the server because that seems a bit like giving me a plate of cookies, watching me take a bite of one then removing the entire plate plus the one in my hand =P

So here are the 2 total screenshots I got to take before the freaking server booted me off...
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Raif

They are in beta? Who knew!

I just signed up, hopefully im not too late

Raif

They just sent me a beta for the weekend, where are we all?

Shadowwolf

Theres only 1 server for Beta. I hope you get a chance to play, most of the open invites are load testing and its next to impossible to actually play =(
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Raif

well they gave me from 6pm tonight to sunday, so im sure ill find some time of day to get on.

But what i mean is, are there factions? Different starting areas?

I'll be on as raiforuce

Shadowwolf

There are diff factions but im not sure on the starting areas. I think atm its all the same but I could be mistaken.

Raif

Just curious to be able to expand my ESO friends list of 0 people, is all.

Shadowwolf

Hehe, well Id give you my info but I dont have any plans to try and play this weekend. Last time I did it was a nightmare and I couldnt do anything. Not eager to do that again, heh.

Raif

Other than a few quests not working as intended, Ive had no issues. I found some of the crafting mechanics a little confusing. So far it seems alright, just lacking the social aspect for me.