iTunes Mod?

Started by Telfurion, March 22, 2007, 07:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telfurion

I always have the problem of not being able to change a song on iTunes while playing WoW.  Does anyone know of a mod (preferably in TitanPanel) that lets you control iTunes or other music players?

Arcdelad

welcome to the guild man! great to have you....

about itunes...no idea...i sometimes just turn my ipod on while im playing wow...its pretty easy to control in game :P

Khanus

My keyboard has a stop/pause previous and next conrtol on it as well as an LCD screen that telles me wha song is playing among other things. You could just make a playlist and use those to controll what you want to hear. The only mod I know of that has anything to do with music in Wow is soundtrack. You have to know a little bit about python scripting, and it can be a little buggy but it works great and has a lot of features.

Shadowwolf

Ive noticed something with iTunes for Windows at least and I dont think its just my issue, but iTunes wont change songs using any forward or reverse keys my keyboard has if its minimized to the system tray. I have to keep it minimized to the task bar only and then it works, but ive had so many issues with it I just use Winamp.

Theres some in-game you can try that I cant speak on as ive never used them:

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=3779

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=3907
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Khanus

Keyboard works fine with my Zune player :) Mostly because Zune rocks.

Genoism

i play wow windowed so i have itunes on the tray always there, also much easier to multi task while playing wow in windowed mode...just takes some getting use to.

Gutboy

Lots of ways to do this on the Mac. I use a program called Synergry to put iTunes controls in the menu bar.

http://wincent.com/a/products/synergy-classic/

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Tolwen

Quote from: Yakov on March 22, 2007, 09:25:06 AM
You could just make a playlist and use those to controll what you want to hear.

yea, that's what i do :)

Luise

Am I the only person that actually listens to the background music in the game?
:choco egg: :choco egg: :choco egg: :choco egg:

And a warm welcome to you Telfurion :)
:carlton_draught: :Victoria_Bitter: :Fosters_Pack:

Arcdelad

no...i typically listen to the background music too...but there are times when i have a really stressful day and I set all the radiohead albums on schuffle, or a day im hyper and wired and i want to listen to some system of a down or my chemical romance or something faster...

generally though i like the background music of WOW, and hearing the action clangs and clatter awlasys helps out

Genoism

wow background music is boring...

Vengeance

capnpop

Winamp v 2.91 = best version ever

Winamp 3 series sucked and was a memory hog

Winamp 5 series is nice, but I still prefer 2.91 (when it was free)

what addons allow you to control winamp?

Telfurion

Thanks guys, I was using the previous iTunes, which didn't respond to my laptop buttons if it wasn't the top window, but the new iTunes does, so I'm good now.   ;)