I can't feel my toes...

Started by capnpop, October 15, 2007, 07:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

Taking off for work today I stepped outside of my apartment main entrance and was greeted with a puddle.  This puddle merely looked like every other puddle that I've seen around here since I moved in.  Likely .5" to 1" deep, easily walked through with little or no incident.  Knowing that I started walking to my car.  After getting less than 3 feet from the front door my ankles were getting wet.  I started looking for the way out only to realize that this puddle I was in was actually a lake. A LAKE!  I eventually made it to my car only to turn back due to waterlogged shoes, soaking socks, and pants made 2 lbs heavier due to water at the bottom.

I tried the trek again, this time with dry socks in my backpack and shoes in hand wearing flip-flops.  I made it to my car only to find out that when the flip-flops "flip" or "flop" they have the potential to shoot water up the back of your pants resulting in dry shoes and socks but a wet butt.  I also can't feel my toes (although sensation is coming back). 

Anyone have a wet-dry vac I could borrow?

Nixphire

What's the back story here? Lots of rain where you're at?
(in a motherly nagging voice) make sure you keep warm and take some thing for your soon to be cold  ;)
<3

capnpop

Rained all weekend....still raining now.  Normally there is one edge of the parking lot that gets a little flooded, but nobody parks there, today the entire middle of the parking lot has a couple inches as well as the sidewalks...

I'm in Sioux Falls in that pic...and that's the recent radar.. :(

Edit: Oh, and i'm one of those people that never gets sick, no matter how much it seems like i try to...

Buzan

Ahaha this is for not levelling to 65 yesterday ya lazy bugger!

capnpop

LastDyingBreath

I have a shopvac at work that can easily qualify as a lake-sucker.  Occasionally the coolant tank on one of my lathes breaks and dumps 40 gallons of the crap on the floor... suck suck suck suck.... suck suck suck suck.... lolz

Luise

Hey Cap, send some of that rain down to Sydney- we are in drought and have had water restrictions for ages.
We have an extremely hugh suicide rate amongst our farmers who have just given up. :(