I gotta do all this to pay you???

Started by capnpop, March 06, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

Not so much of a "rant" since I saved money by doing it, but it was quite annoying none the less...

So, this morning I went to go pay rent.  Last night I found out that today was actually the 6th, not the 5th like I had thought it was meaning that rent was going to be a day late.  Being a day late means a late fee, so I walked into the rental office fully expecting this fee in addition to normal rent.  I walked in with a check in hand to pay this bill.  As I prepare to write it out they asked me if this payment was for late rent.  I told them "yes" at which point I was informed that late payments are in cash only. 

Already running late for work I quickly ran to the bank getting the exact amount for rent + late fee (the rental place takes EXACT CHANGE ONLY and has no change on hand) and returned to the rental office.  When I got there she asked about my apartment number and building to make sure my account got marked as paid.  In doing that she confirmed my rent price and saw (presumably) that I had never been late before.  Since this was a first (and hopefully last) time she waived the late fee (YAY!!!!) but I had exact change for rent + late fee, not just rent, and they don't have change on-hand.

After all was said and done I had 3 trips to the rental office, two trips to the bank, and I was "only" 30 mins late for work....

/sigh

kajunlady

Ok now i feel really lucky that my land lord honks her horn on rent day and makes you come to her..lol

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Kothnok

After going through a mess like that for about a dozen bills due to an unexpected 3 month long trip out of state, I've gone with direct robbery withdrawal on whatever bills I can and electronic bill pay for anything else.  Even then I get missing bills, double pays, paid guesstimates and late statements sometimes. =/
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.