Melee is not for me

Started by Avelandra, June 02, 2008, 11:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avelandra

I re activated my holy pally and discovered something. I DO NOT LIKE MELEE. I guess leveling Holy was not the bestest idea.

Worst ways to Level:
1. Holy Priest
2. HOLY PALLY
3. Prot Warrior

That is all.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

capnpop

go prot.  that's how i did it.  i was ret in there for a bit, but i hated the killing one thing at a time deal...prot you giggle as they beat on you.  The more there are the quicker they die. 

Shadowwolf

Prot warr leveling isnt that bad. I was prot from 10-50 on my warr and changed back again at 67 or so.

Albeit slow to kill things, its not as bad as levling as a holy priest. I cant speak to pallys tho.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

LastDyingBreath

prot pally leveling is amazing.  when you need to kill a single bad guy, equip a 2her and let reckoning rip it to shreds.  When you need a bunch of mobs, or are just grinding, aoe tank.  round up 8-10 mobs with your horse, then dismount, consecrate, rank one shield block, BoSanc, judge and seal light.

I leveled like this with absolutely no problems at all, I'd like to see any class besides a mage match that xp per hour.  There was one night that I camped sorrow hill, and was in combat for five hours straight as I walked backwards through the undead spawns.  The only reason I stopped was my shield broke and I had to repair it :)

but yeah, holy pally leveling is teh suck.

Trismus

I leveled prot for the first 55 levels or so. It allowed me to get away with mistakes that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to deal with and learn the ropes of the class so to speak. I obviously have switch alot since then, but prot leveling, while slow, works just fine.

-Tris

P.S. Holy Paladins ftw!
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

kajunlady

I will agree that holy pally lvling bites big time! I was holy since lvl 20 and have been that way ever since, but would rather holy pally over anything else......well for now who knows maybe one day ill think of changeing

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Valerian

Wonder how resto druid would fare on that "sucks to level as" list? Tried resto druid at 70 and it takes an hour to kill anything so leveling on it must not be a wonderfull experience althought I can't see why anyone would even try hehe.

Avelandra

Resto drooid is like 3.75 or 4.

fiere redfern

Wayyy back in 1.9  :o when I was leveling Fiere, I leveled her as a hybrid spec since feral sucked outright and druids weren't welcome in instance groups unless they were healing. Even then, fighting a mob at a time took a good minute or two longer for me to kill than it did anyone else grinding around me, and depending on how my talents were placed (druids went through a couple complete talent revamps back then) mobs either took a little less time to die... or five minutes longer to die >.<

Avelandra

When i was leveling my 63 holy pally (Santha on LB, now Adeara on Alex) i had the infinite refill from healing crits, among with other talents in the holy tree. Now, its just not fun  and I don't survive nearly as long.

Nixphire

Quote from: fiere redfern on June 03, 2008, 08:24:30 AM
Wayyy back in 1.9  :o when I was leveling Fiere, I leveled her as a hybrid spec since feral sucked outright and druids weren't welcome in instance groups unless they were healing. Even then, fighting a mob at a time took a good minute or two longer for me to kill than it did anyone else grinding around me, and depending on how my talents were placed (druids went through a couple complete talent revamps back then) mobs either took a little less time to die... or five minutes longer to die >.<

True, but we could solo Devilsaur!

Avelandra

What I used to use as my Holy Pally motto, "I can kill anything....but it may take a while".
Also, "Slow DPS!!! Holy Pallies and Priests to the front!"

capnpop

i still AoE grind on my holy pally, consecration ticks for a bit more and if i don't need fast healing on myself i can use my holy shock CD for more damage

easiest thing to do is judge righteousness, seal it, shock, wait for judge to come up again, repeat til mob is dead....last night in SSC i destroyed one of my inner demons with a righeousness crit, holy shock crit, and a hammer of win crit (they take extra holy/nature/other dmg but it would've hurt any regular mob badly too).