Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

3:30 am - Log off of WoW for the night
4:00 am - Go to sleep
6:50 am - Half-awake to say goodbye to my wife as she goes to work
7:05 am - Wife calls, her car died and isn't starting
7:15 am - Dressed and to where my wife's car died
7:20 am - Call repair shop/towing place to get car to them
7:40 am - Tow truck shows up and tows away wife's car, start trip to tire place to get good tires on my car so my wife can drive that to work
7:50 am - Tell tire place to put on 4 tires and align
8:20 am - Tire place tells me that they can't align, ball joint is shot so alignment won't stick.  They also inform me that my struts are shot and my brake rotors are rusted and warped.
8:25 am - Tell them to just put on the tires and I'll talk to my wife about the rest of it.
8:27 am - Tell them to fix it all.
8:28 am - Repair place says it will take a few hours.  Start walk to Barns and Noble.
8:35 am - Get to Barns and Noble.  Not open yet.  Decide to go to Wal-Mart.
8:40 am - Walk into Wal-Mart, go looking for a magazine to read while we wait.
8:50 am - Go through check out with latest issue of Wired.
9:10 am - Done reading interesting portions of Wired.

Fast forward to now, 12:20 pm...

Boss showed up and gave my wife and I a ride and let me borrow his truck for the day so we can pick up my car when it's done...so I'm patiently (not so much) waiting for the repair shop to call about my car so my wife can actually get to work some time today...

fun day...

un4

un4

fiere redfern

Ouch >.< glad I don't need a car to get to work, heh

Gutboy

You forgot "8:26 - Telepathically learn that wife insists on fixing everything."

;)

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

kajunlady

so let me get this straight you went to sleep at 4 am and woke up at 6:50  so almost 3 hours of sleep.. and with that comes my question HOW DO YOU SURVIE ON THAT MUCH SLEEP?

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

capnpop

Quote from: kajunlady on August 12, 2008, 05:04:18 PM
so let me get this straight you went to sleep at 4 am and woke up at 6:50  so almost 3 hours of sleep.. and with that comes my question HOW DO YOU SURVIE ON THAT MUCH SLEEP?

I don't.  I just took a 2 hour nap to try to be ready for raiding tonight and even that didn't cut it.  Simply, tonight i'm going to bed about 4-6 hours earlier and I'm going to sleep for 9-11 hours...

Quote from: Gutboy on August 12, 2008, 01:33:56 PM
You forgot "8:26 - Telepathically learn that wife insists on fixing everything."

;)

aye, i initially held off due to the price of everything but she said do it, so  i did...

JohnnieRat

Quoteso let me get this straight you went to sleep at 4 am and woke up at 6:50  so almost 3 hours of sleep.. and with that comes my question HOW DO YOU SURVIE ON THAT MUCH SLEEP?

My standard sleep schedule for weekdays is asleep at 1AM the earliest and wake up at 4:30AM for work. Eventually your body does get used it and now when I get a full night sleep I feel like I've wasted so much of the day.

LastDyingBreath

when I was both working and attending day classes back in the spring, I would go to work at 5:30 PM, work until 5:00 AM the next morning, then go down to school.  Classes started at 7:00 AM and ran until 11:00 AM.  I'd get home, shower, and asleep by 1:00 PM.  Up at 5:30 to go to work.  JR is right, you get used to it.  Can't be healthy though.

JohnnieRat

No, I definitely have more gray hair then any 23 year old should as well as a glorious addiction to coffee and Monster energy drinks (It's too damn hot outside in Georgia for coffee sometimes)