Def cap

Started by LostWander, January 27, 2010, 01:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostWander

Has anyone else notice there is a def cap of 400 before you reach 80 or is it just before 70. My warrior is level 64 and I can't get it pass 400. Thoughts, ideas?

Gutboy

Aside from bonus defense you can get on gear, it is also a skill that you have to 'skill up'. I'm not sure what the max is for your level, but as long as you keep getting hit by stuff, you'll get there soon enough.  :) Check the Skills tab on your character sheet to see your current max.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

fiere redfern

Don't worry about getting your defenses capped before you hit 80. The cap increases with every level you gain, and it's far too much of a PITA (and not worth the effort) to try and max it out. Also, for tanking purposes it really doesn't make a difference if you're capped or not - the healing load in normal instances isn't near the amount it is in heroics.

LostWander

I know it a skill and I am not worried or concern about it. I just pick up a few piece of +defense gear and there total bonus stop at 400 though adding them up they should put me above it.