Guide on 45min runs

Started by Genoism, September 18, 2006, 05:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

enjoy :p

Shadowwolf

Gren and I did this run successfully in a PUG the other night. How we did it was this:

Group Composition:
Warrior
Mage
Warlock
Priest
Paladin

As soon as we got thru the second gate we started pulling everything directly in front of us clearing up to the tower with the Baroness. Had the Pally pull her back to the gate and fought her there. When she was down, the rest of the group went down the left alley to work on the mobs near the Spider boss. I, being the Mage, went into the Baroness Ziggurat solo and AOEd the guys inside down myself then went back to catch up to the rest of the group. I did this for each Ziggurat, the group would continue on and I would AOE alone.

By the time we cleared to the 3rd tower boss we had 25min left on the clock. We cleared up to the gate skipping that 4 group on the left and the Magistrate and started pulling inside the gate. As each big ugly got close to 10% HP left, the Warrior or Pally would pull the next one. We did get into a bit of a pickle when we pulled too many and Gren and the Priest bit it, but the pally rezd em both and we picked up where we left off. After the middle section of the Slaughterhouse courtyard was clear we started fighting the big uglys out there till the boss came out, when we fought him in the gate area again. Gren and I AOEd the rest of the mobs that came, including that group of skelly guards and we reached the Baron with 10min to spare.

So it is possible, as far as how many pots everyone used I dont know. I used only my mana ruby and Evocation when I needed. No HP / Mana or Holy water pots at all. So I think its just persistence, luck and skill that will get you there, having a rythm to it and not dying is a must.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

I should also add that no one looted at all really during the run and all boss loot was Greeded by ppl to make it faster.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

magnetite

I'm on the stage for it. Maybe we can hook something up next week. This will be my 6th attempt, and my third one using TS. I actually got on with some guys who I didn't know real well, but we got to the abominations in lots of time, but someone wiped us. Ooops. Have my full tier 0 set ready to be upgraded.

Shadowwolf

Yea we pulled it off without any voice system and I think I was the only one whos come close to doing it out of our group. I think Gren has attempted it before a few times and the other 3 never did it before. So its a lot of happenstance too. I gave hardly any instruction during the run, just kept pulling and having a tank that could hold aggro well and take a lot of dmg helped considerably.

magnetite

I heard a lot of people say they wanted the time limited upped from 45 minutes, but you know what? The hardest part of the quest chain is always the last. This is just the beginning. :)

Grendeel

Once the right strategy is done, I dont think this is too difficult to do if you have a solid tank and a good mage.  As Shadow said, a big key is having the mage clear the ziggaruit while others continue on.  We couldve done it even quicker had i not persisted with casting spells on a shackled abomination (caused the death of me and the priest  ; >:( ). I never used any pots either, only one healthstone and i still died.  Like i said if you have a solid tank,  and a good mage (the quick arcane explosion is essential on the main boss), a  group should have a descent chance of completing this.    A group could probably get away with only having one healer but I'd certainly rather have 2 in the group

edit -

Oh and I think having the leader mark the targets very quickly is a huge factor in succeeding.  At least it did for me

magnetite

I usually use flamestrike or blizzard, but that may screw things up for Baron. Probably just stick on an AE with mana shield.