First badge or S1 (honor) purchases?

Started by Gutboy, November 20, 2007, 04:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutboy

Now that Kara drops badges and the S1 arena gear is available for regular honor, I'm looking over the item lists, trying to find out the best bang for my buck. What did some of you other warriors go for first? (I'm looking for tank or PvE DPS items, whatever is the best upgrade from Kara-level/T4 gear for a slot. PvP gear with resilience is less important for me.) If I wind up with more badges than I can spend  ::) I can always save up for my 10 nethers to make [item]Bulwark of Kings[/item]...

GB

(edit: As an example, [item]Farstrider Defender's Cloak[/item] looks to be worth the investment, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.  :))

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Vengeance

S1 is available with honor atm?

-If so, is the vindicators?...

Gutboy

I know it was supposed to go on sale as soon as S3 starts, which should be imminent. Never paid much attention to the items, but I'm gonna start now...  ;D

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Trismus

I'd go for both.

Can only to Kara once a week and Heroics once per day.

The s1 gear is VERY good, and far superior to t4 stuff for DPS and PvP. BGs can be done many times a day, and you can probably get an entire set in around 2 weeks if you grind hard.

Badge gear will come more slowly, but will provide better items once it's obtained.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Nixphire

Quote from: Vengeance on November 20, 2007, 04:59:26 PM
S1 is available with honor atm?

-If so, is the vindicators?...
The quick answer is no to both of them. They are releasing S1 when S3 comes out, which should be next reset. I would assume when S5 gets released that you would be able to purchase Vindicators (S3) with honor, but they might have changed a lot by then.

Trismus

Nix, I believe season 3 wont end until Lich King, although I most definitely could be wrong.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Nixphire

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2856015159&sid=1

[blizzard]Everyone wants the launch go as smoothly as possible, and in order to have resources available to tend to any issues as soon as they may spring up, we’ve decided to delay the Season 3 start date to November 27. One week after the previously announced date. [/blizzard]

Buzan

Quote from: Trismus on November 21, 2007, 12:31:55 AM
I'd go for both.

Can only to Kara once a week and Heroics once per day.

The s1 gear is VERY good, and far superior to t4 stuff for DPS and PvP. BGs can be done many times a day, and you can probably get an entire set in around 2 weeks if you grind hard.

Badge gear will come more slowly, but will provide better items once it's obtained.

I completely agree.