FOR THE CORPORATE BRAND...er I mean THE ALLIANCE!

Started by Drygioni, February 11, 2007, 09:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drygioni

Sorry for the "atypical dirty bathroom mirror cell phone camera shot".... but c'mon, how about that shirt!

un4

un4

Luise

Kaethdorala

Nice now im gonna have to show off my Ally T too  ;D

Arcdelad

you need more tats dry...I think I saw a 1" x 1" spot of skin without one on it...what...no facial tats??!?!?!?!?!?! :P

Shadowwolf

Nice shirt, hehe. Ive been thinking of getting http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details.asp?productID=866

for the record Dry, you dont fit the stereotype of a WoW player. In fact, if I didnt know you and just ran into you somewhere, Warcraft and you wouldnt be in the same thought process at any time, lol. Then again, I tend to think that same thing could be said for everyone in this guild. hehe
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

hehe...I think your awesome dry...defintely enjoyable to chat with you in chat and group with ya..

in real life i would probably be friends with you too...most of my good RL friends meet your external archetype.....im not sure what the sterotype of a WOW player is though...according to my wife its a taped glasses wearing, shirt buttoned up to the top wearing, dateless male who wants to slay dragons and ogres all the time...

yes...the average wow player DOES want to slay dragons and ogres all the time (mostly onyxia)...but i think when 8 million people play wow its really foolish to make a WOW player stereotype...actually...its dumb to ever stereotype, but especially in this case...

myself for example...I am a dress-shirt without a tie, polished shoes wearing socially adaptive, in my opinion good looking, middle-class proffesional...im not incredibly young (28) but im not as old as caedryne either (hehehe :P)...do i fit any wow steroetype? probably not...like shadow said though...im willing to bet none of us do...

i actualyl LOVE that about WOW...twilight and its diversity is one of the thinsg that makes me so addicted in the first place...where else can I hang out with stay at home moms (Lyte, Kaid, etc), busy IT proffesionals (voc, shadow), college students (geno, emma), hip twenty somethings (uso), record store owners (dry), aussies (mur, luise), single working moms (jandris), college professors (darq), and so many other voices of the swath of life choices....and we all get along, and you guys are all great people....i would argue there is no other place where you could get such a variety of lifes voices together in a single spot....

and Arc's wife...who wouldnt be caught dead reading this website...lots of women play WOW....seriously :) (as she gets up from her mahjong and jeopardy online games to smack me on the back of the head)

Drygioni

thats the thing about games like this. They have the power to bring the world together through a common interest.  We can all lose our age/race/religion/occupation/ect and we all  become the same. Something I never thought about before playing an MMORPG.

I like that about Twilight especially, families playing together with people of all ages, all over the world.  I dont think you'll find that diversity amongst the hardcore raiding guilds.

I'm planning a big "WOW-esque" - "DnD-ish" chest piece for my next tattoo. I'll post a pic once its done :) 

and Arc...does this count as a facial tattoo? lol

Shadowwolf

"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

lol...almost tyson-esque I would say dry :P

when are you going to be settled in your house? hows that whole thing going?

i still need to buy some music from your store...my problem is i come from a strong "stick it to the record companies who charge you $20 for something that costs them 25 cents to make" philopshy...i was one of the first people I knew to be on the napster bandwagon back in the day, and ive just shifted servcies throughout the years as one or another gets shut down...

i know this hurts people like you...but at the same time its hard to sart buying music again after getting ti free for so long....

Shadowwolf

Was the Word play intentional with that pic? "Stash/Stache"

Just noticing the tons of music behind you and the antique look to the image made me think of it being artwork with a hidden meaning, or I could just be crazy also and reading into something thats not there. =)

Drygioni

actual moving day is tomorrow. so hopefully we will be settled in and online by the weekend.

yeah theres been a lot of changes in the industry over the last 10 years. Its really the record companies fault for not changing and adapting with the times. they really forced everyone to go digital and p2p.

Its not so bad with my end of it. We sell used stuff so its a lot cheaper vs. buying new. We resurface all our discs and re-case them too so its like a new CD at half the price. DVD and Games are a big bonus for us. They have almost caught up with our music sales. We are testing iPOD download stations too, pretty soon you can walk into my store with your iPOD and plug in to our terminal and fill it up for a fee.

and Shadow: its a pic of my finger moustache tattoo hence "stache" and yes its an old timey moustache for the colour of the pic :)  I didnt think of the stash of music behind me, although i should have just taken credit for thinkin of that too.

Shadowwolf

All those boring modern art parties I had to attend for client schmoozing over the years and for fending off the evil sadistic Taxman by "donating" learned me a thing or two. haha

Symbolic Imagery or something to that effect =)

Tolwen

Muridin

going on about how you could stereolise ( <--- thats so not a proper word, and i cant be stuffed finding a dictionary ) and i thought how you could do that for me...

i myself am a shirt button done up halfway ( if that ), jeans, when my eyes hurt, my glasses are actually held together with tape ( too lazyto buy new ones =p ) .... and once every week, i take all that off, and swap it for shined boots, DPCU uniforms ( Disruptional Pattern Combat Uniform, but as we're cadets, and we dont fight, DPU ) and salutes, drill, shouting orders and rugby ( your "football" or "grid iron" ..... just another chance to make a cadet bleed, honest ... atleast once we knock some poor bastard out, make him bleed or sprain something ... never seen that happen to any of the girls, cos as soon as the balls comes near them, they basicly scream and bolt in the other direction )

and dry, excellent tats, and the shirt is cool too