Started by capnpop, February 16, 2008, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zario

[attachthumb=#]

Shadowwolf

a 1988 News story about computer viruses

[youtube=425,350]G2i_6j55bS0[/youtube]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

dharq

So wait a minute... the virus was the Atari 2600 version of E.T.?

capnpop

Lyte

Bill Cosby, understanding Southern

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NsC98xVN0[/youtube]

Shadowwolf

[youtube=425,350]Ql1uLyuWra8[/youtube]

Remember back in the 90s when Unix was 3d? Oh wait...
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

If Facebook had existed through the ages

Docsamson

Air

And the woman's pain up close.

"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Docsamson

capnpop

Shadowwolf

Docsamson

This is what I do for a living.  Still need to rig up 2 more bars tomorrow, for a total of 6 bars at 6 fixtures each.  On Friday, I get to head out to the venue in the morning, get these suckers in the air, attach the 10 remaining lekos into the multicable circuits inside the bars, and design my rock concert :D

fiere redfern

Oh god, PAR-bars. /shudder. I -hated- having to tech those things in the shop. Most of the SOCA connectors I dealt with were cranky, either from being weatherbeaten or just plain old; I didn't think the webbing between my thumb and forefinger would ever recover from the beating it received trying to connect those stupid #*&$*# knuckles.

Side note: why'd ya pick twist-lock?

Avelandra

Twistlock is more secure for hard to reach, and outdoor things (its built to be water tight). I saw em alot when i would do outdoor stuff with a company around here.

Edit: figured I should post what I'm working on, yes those are actual 8ft shop fluorescent lights. They apparently only require 56% power on our dimmers, and do really freaky things when they get less power, a flicker you could never get with a strobe. All in all, we went through about 600ft of lamp cord to wire everything up. Show opened last weekend, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and its running till Oct 16.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.