Cataclysm release date is set?

Started by Grendeel, September 26, 2010, 08:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kothnok

Dec 7th... because that's patch day 2 weekends before Christmas.  Any sooner and the product won't be shipped with enough finished quantity, any later and there won't be enough shopping days to get their projected earnings.

Marketroids do what they must and Alextrasza forbid if they move patch Tuesday over a day for that one week, because, you know, it might be inconvenient for them or something.  :-\
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Just an FYI, if you are going to Gamestop to try and reserve the Collectors Edition, dont bother. Apparently they have stopped taking reservations for the Collectors Edition company wide as "they ran out 2 days after they started taking orders" which tells me nothing as they never announced when they started. They are still taking regular reserve orders though.

I found the collectors edition at Best Buy however you cant find it in-store for them, you have to go online and pre-order it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/World+of+Warcraft:+Cataclysm+-+Collector's+Edition+-+Mac/Windows/1255535.p?id=1218243226161&skuId=1255535&st=cataclysm%20collectors%20edition&lp=1&cp=1

You can choose to pickup in store when you place the order online instead of shipping it. As of now Best Buy wont say if they will be holding a midnight release for it, but chances are pretty high they will since they did for Starcraft 2. They said the closer to release date will be the time to check for a midnight release as most stores dont commit to them till 1-2 weeks before title launch.

Either way, if you want a copy of the collectors edition of Cata you can pick up the day of release, this might be the best way to go since Gamestop pretty much told me to go take a hike.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Gutboy

Dunno about other places, but for BC, Wrath, and SC2, the Fry's stores near me have always ended up with big piles of the CEs after the release day. I am probably going to have to count on this happening again for Cata, and if it's true, I can help out anyone who isn't able to get one where they are.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Shadowwolf

Yea, Frys is a west coast and midwest thing, we dont have them on the east =(

I miss it, was one right in Burbank when I lived in Toluca Lake.

The guy I talked to at Gamestop could also have been incorrect, idk. He was kind of a jerk honestly, like those old record store workers who talks in a condescending way like they are elite and you arent type of attitude. "I work at a game store and you dont" type of attitude =/

Maybe because Im older and he thought I was buying it for my kid or something, lol.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Air

Read penny arcade.  They have quite a few comics / posts about employees in game stop / EB being dick heads.  There usually told that there out of stock, and should have pre-ordered so on and so on.  They go next door to the other electronic stores with tons of copies there, and no hassles.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers