Must see stuff in the new Cata content

Started by Oilslick, November 24, 2010, 02:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oilslick

Figured I'd make a thread where people could post some of their discoveries that they absolutely MUST SHARE!

Here's mine.  It's a three part quest chain that imo puts every cutscene, every chain, every THING in the game to shame thus far.  It starts with a character (the single most awesomest character in the game, again imo) Theldurin the Lost in the badlands.

Find it.  Do it.  Just so you know, it's a level 40 something quest chain...

If you want to watch it with some incredible voiceovers which only make it all the better imo, follow this youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1bP-m_BwX0&feature=channel

Kothnok

Plants vs. Zombies minigame in Hillsbarad near the old Dalaran.

You get a singing flower pet that sings if you can complete the chain.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Sethrow

Badlands  quest from Fuse light  i think is the area, quest acheiv.. think it's called  something "goat" gota check that one out the hole area is pretty cool.

Tony

There are a couple of great quest lines in Swamp of Sorrows that I did yesterday. You get to do a few underwater quests and you get an elixir that gives you "underwater walking". There is going to be a lot of underwater quests in The Maelstrom area once Cata is out, so if you want to get the hang of it, I would suggest it. There are also a few "alternative" ways of travel in the area. You get shot out of a cannon a few times from one area to the next. It's pretty fun for sure. Also, if you dont have the "Going Down" achievement, riding in one of the cannons will give you this.

Shadowwolf

Theres a new NPC in Un'goro who acts just like Don Quixote and its hysterical.

First he wants you to slay "Dragons". Then he wants you to rescue Damsels with him as his squire. Whats funny is we came up on a Blood Elf male and he treated it like a Damsel.

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Gutboy

I like the "CSI: Westfall" chain. It takes you from the first quest you see when you enter the zone all the way through a run of Deadmines. Also the "Rambo" storyline in Redridge, which ends with you wanting to smack one of your own guys.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Kothnok

FYI, if you are farming grubs in EPL for the [wowitem]66076[/wowitem] companion by using [spell=85612]Fiona's Lucky Charm[/spell] I just wanted to let you know that any mob in EPL can drop the companion.  I just got it on my lowbie hunter while questing there and it dropped off a Scarlet Warden.  So instead of just farming grubs, I would suggest just doing all the quests in the zone while having that buff.  It should drop eventually.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Oilslick

Got it on my pally three times while questing...then didn't get it on two other toons while clearing the zone.  It's definitely a rare drop from the stashes, just got overly lucky on my first attempt.