First day of Cata...

Started by Shadowwolf, December 07, 2010, 09:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air

The speed in which people are hitting 85 is kinda disappointing.  Leveling just seems to be going by to quickly.  I wasn't expecting 85's until this weekend at the earliest.  But it seems will be getting quite a few by tomorrow.  But like Zario said, the quests so far are really good.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

fiere redfern

Oh god, gut. Superjealous. My folks went to see him when he was in my area; I couldn't get tickets :(. Hope it was amazing!

Also, air - did you expect anything less? People were hitting 80 when wrath dropped the day of, too. I remember seeing the realm first achieves and scratching my head 'cause I was just barely 71 :P

Oilslick

I have to say...from what I can tell the servers have been remarkably stable in comparison to previous xpack releases.  Sure some bugs are still there, but at least we're not suffering through a million restarts and server crashes this time!  I've cleared Hyjal, and having some fun delving into deepholm during breaks here on the rig.  I gotta say, they made a double effort to make Thrall look like a nublet shammy didn't they!

One thing that's bugged me on creole, but should make me happy when leveling my other toons: there's very little melee leather gear from quest rewards up through hyjal and deepholm so far...and by deepholm it starts to get a little tough as some of those mobs hit prettty friggin hard.  While I absolutely love questing, I'd recommend taking a break from questing now and again to try and find those dungeon entrances and queue a random or two.  The gear you get from them will help make some of the ultra hard hitting quest mobs less painful and more enjoyable overall.

On the other hand...for those of you grinding dungeons to level up - you don't know what you're missing!

dharq

Quote from: Airplay on December 08, 2010, 01:55:37 AM
The speed in which people are hitting 85 is kinda disappointing.

I can't say I understand the race to 85.. but so long as these players don't start complaining about the content or lack thereof, I don't mind since it's their money going into the subscription.

What I really dread is the inevitable start of the "there's not enough raid content" crowd in the next week or so.

spendadsbucs

I played a bit last night and found that at least when I was in the Worgen area, I was dropped by the server quite a bit. I assume most of that was because a lot of people were trying out the new race Definitely saw the stealing issue Lynette saw. Can't count how many times I was preparing to kill someone or attempt to do a quest task and someone either jumped in front of me or fired a range weapon before I could get my first hit in. Definitely had me yelling at the computer a few times. Husband asked what was wrong... guess I shouldn't take my gaming so seriously. :D

The changes in the action bar during some of the worgen quests took some getting used to and I'm not used to the game taking over for me (videos, horses taking me where I'm supposed to be, etc) but I think the new stuff is amazing. Will just take some getting used to.

BP - I did not play hooky from work. Couldn't sleep so I figured might as well put that time to good use. :)

Happy playing, everyone!

Shadowwolf

Its not even so much a race as its just going so damn fast. A lot faster than I had expected it to be. I thought Blizz said 80-85 would be as long as it was from 70-80 and its definitely not. Im almost 83 now and I havent even finished questing in Vash'ir =/

Was kinda hoping it would take longer so I could enjoy it but its just going too quick. Granted I have alts to take through the process again as well, but idk, I remember Wrath and taking a good few weeks to hit 80 even playing unreasonable amounts of hours. The quests are great, just wish it took longer.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

khader

I agree with the comments that leveling is moving along faster than anticipated (at least for my expectations).  However the big difference I see this time around is Blizz made a huge number of improvements in the technology along with a compelling story line.  Some of the technology enhancements that have impressed me so far are the tighter integration of cut scenes into the game play, water, lighting, and vastly improved texture mapping, etc.  Not to mention the boat load of extra stuff -  guild reputation, achievements, and rewards, the 'hints' on level up, the quest system overhaul(moving from quest to quest while in the field) and a whole bunch of other stuffs.

So far I am impressed with the overhaul Blizz has done to the game.  While it's not always smooth and change doesn't always make everyone happy, including me, I'd say this is some of Blizz's best work on the game since launch.

Shadowwolf

I agree, the changes are great for sure. Perhaps itll be enough to occupy everyone as they push out more content.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tony

Quote from: Gutboy on December 07, 2010, 11:25:28 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be months behind right from the start, but I have a great excuse.  8)

http://www.rogerwaters.com/

GB

I saw that show in Detroit a few months back, and it was the BEST live performance I have EVER seen. If anyone here hasnt seen The Wall Live, go out and do it now before you miss your chance!