add-on removal

Started by kajunlady, December 18, 2007, 04:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajunlady

:oldschool_frosty:
i have look all through the posts and im just not seeing this one. maybe it sub-titled somewhere but i want to remove all my add ons and start fresh. since some of mine are out of date. and i also want to get the ones for raids so that i can get use to them now and be ready and know how to use them for when my time comes.
do i just remove then from my add-on folder? or is there something more to it then that? thought i should ask before i mess everything up again and have to redownload all my wow cds.

and if yall have any ideas on where else i can go and look for some add-ons that would be great to. i already know where to find the ones shadow posted a while back for raids and things like that. but if i have missed and update version of that please let me know.

Thank you for your help in advance
kajun

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

fiere redfern

Removing your addons really is as simple as removing them from the AddOns folder =P WoW looks only to that folder to see if there's anything to load in addition to the regular interface, and if it doesn't find anything, than poof! You are shown the default interface.

As for replacing the out-of-date addons, there is a way you can get those to load without needing to go back and redownload everything. Sure replacing them will get you the latest versions, but in the long run, unless there's a terminal bug with the addon you have now or some fancy new feature in the new version, it really doesn't make a difference. To load your out-of-date addons, you'll have to go to the button on your character screen that says "AddOns" (can't do it now, obviously since the servers are down) and then click the checkbox in the upper right-hand corner of the AddOn window that says "Load Out of Date AddOns". This will let them work for you, even though there's a new version available.

Finally, there are a bunch of different places you can go and look for updates. I personally like http://www.curse.com/downloads/addons but there are many other sites out there. http://wowui.incgamers.com/ looks pretty comprehensive as well, though I am less familiar with them. A google search for WoW addon downloads will bring up a list of sites you can pick and choose from.

Hope this helps!

kajunlady

thanks fiere it helped alot

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN