According to Amazon.com...

Started by Darkling, October 20, 2006, 01:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

Ok, on Amazon.com, release date for BC is November 22, the collector's edition will be released on November 30. Amazon is pretty reliable imo because of past pre-orders I've done with them.

usonian

I don't trust it.  There's no reason Amazon would know when the actual release date was without Blizzard making a public announcement.  Even if they got some sort of distributor's notice on when to expect it, I think that they would be legally bound not to release such information without Blizzard's consent.  The release dates don't make sense either.  Knowing that hardcore WoW fans are going to get their hands on the expansion ASAP, why would they release the special edition, which hardcore fans are going to want, 8 days after the initial release?

Kothnok

Because hard core will buy 2.  ]:D

Happened all the time with EQ expansions.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Ill be honest, im not sure they are gonna make the mid-Nov deadline they set for themselves. I do know they are pushing to release before the holidays but thats gonna be tough considering the status of the Beta. These vendors have to give a date for people to want to pre-order. No one wants to give up thier money on something that they never know when they can expect it to arrive, hehe.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

usonian

Oh I know about that little sales tactic, I bought the WCIII special edition when it came out (even though I already had it) but it was way after the initial release.  I may be hardcore, but I'm not stupid.  Eight days isn't enough time to release a special edition, just enough to make me more angry at Blizzard for not releasing it up front.

Tyban

So whats in the special addition that will make me buy both.  A sword with +50 agility that returns 100% mana and life everytime it hits...or do i get a t-shirt or better yet a collectible figure made in China by ppl who coudln't cut it has gold farmers.  :pumpk7:

Shadowwolf

Quote from: Tyban on October 20, 2006, 02:59:24 PM
So whats in the special addition that will make me buy both.  A sword with +50 agility that returns 100% mana and life everytime it hits...or do i get a t-shirt or better yet a collectible figure made in China by ppl who coudln't cut it has gold farmers.  :pumpk7:

LOL
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Muridin

heres my annoyance at blizzard ....
this is from dstore.com.au

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (Australian Bonus Edition)
List Price:       AU $99.95
dStore Price:    AU $89.55
Saving:    AU $10.40 (10.41%)

Pre Order - This item is expected to be released on 14th Dec 2006 *.
# Order this item and we'll dispatch it immediately when it's released. (* Release Dates are subject to change)

for staters ... the date ... december ... TBA WTF ( To Be announced What the F*ck )
best is coming up ....

Product Description
PLEASE NOTE: The official World of Warcraft Collector's Edition is NOT available for sale through dStore due to extremely limited availability. This version is an Australia only Bonus Edition containing the Official Game Add-on "The Burning Crusade", Official Novel "Cycle Of Hatred", Bronze figurine, Cap, MouseMat all in a tin box.

where as on WoW .com bout the collectors edition

*  World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade on both CD and DVD
    * World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Behind-the-Scenes DVD
    * The Art of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Hardcover Art Book
    * Exclusive In-Game Pet: Netherwhelp
    * Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Starter Packs, plus Exclusive Cards
    * Map of Outland Mouse Pad
    * World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Soundtrack CD

i envy you lot .... but im gonna try a game store where i live, seeing if i can get the edition you get ... unless i order and ship fro m the U.S