Zombie invasion incoming

Started by Arcdelad, October 22, 2008, 03:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

QuoteWrath of the Lich King - World Event
As I write this news, it looks like the pre-Wrath of the Lich King world event has been started on one of the US live servers, we're still unsure if it's just an error or if Blizzard is testing the event on a few servers. Below is a small preview of what to expect during this event .... You can probably expect more updates in the next hours if the event is extended to all realms.

Zombies will randomly spawn in the world (and near cities) and infect anyone they damage.
People infected by zombies can either get cured by other players or by Argent Healers deployed in most of the zones.
If a player or NPC isn't cured within 10 minutes ... He will turn into a zombie !
Players changed into zombies have access to a new set of skills to let them attack and infect other players. They become friendly with other zombies and hostile to all player factions.

Also ...

Don't waste your time finding and creating a level 1 on this server, being hostile with all player factions also means that guards will kill you on sight and pretty much instantly in the case of a level 1 character.
This is probably just the first part of the world event, it doesn't look fully deployed at all

You might want to get ready for some serious zombie invasion in the next days ....

un4

un4

Kothnok

There's an Argent Healer in the IF bank, wasn't there yesterday.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Tolwen

This is awesome; just like how it all started in frozen throne wc3:)
btw we have mangle in zombie form too hah:D

Kothnok

Twmats got infected while standing at the IF bank's mailbox.  Walking into the bank itself, the Argent Dawn Healer standing there immediately healed me of the infection w/o my having to do/say anything.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Gutboy

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Geos

Shadowwolf

I can honestly say I immensely dislike this world event. The fact that stupid people can kill NPCs and make me have to wait 10-15min for a respawn, or even better camp them and engage them in combat making have to wait longer to talk to them irritates the hell out of me.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

I agree shadow...it looks like this is only the beginning of the event too...well have to see what other "goodies" are out there...its funny to hear people say "lets go do an AV match...oh.....some zombie killed all the battleground npcs - nevermind."

One positive anecdote, though - I was still flagged from a BG last night on my 66 pally and was mounted up going to zanger...outside shatt some zombies jumped me, so I was infected....as im riding a BE pally HOJ's me...while im dueling this guy I turn into a zombie - RIGHT as I was OOM and low health and I was able to kill him off becuase it regenned my health lol

khader

I like these world events and wish there were more of them.  Makes it really seem like world of warcraft - bigger battles and such.  One thing I'd really like to see are random attacks on villages by the outdoor bosses.  Pre-TBC was cool with Kazzak attacking major cities.

I do agree with you Shadow that people who use the event to grief people detract from it.  Quick fix for this event would be to only allow opposing factions to infect NPCs - horde players can infect alliance npc and alliance players can infect horde npcs.  Likely to cut down on dopes in major cities wiping out their own npcs.

JohnnieRat

It makes me sad that while you're waiting for an NPC to turn to get infected yourself... some bozo comes and cleanses it.

usonian

I agree this would be a major PITA if you were trying to be productive in the game...

HOWEVER,

If this is being done in preparation for the WotLK story line, you have to admit it's a good way to build up a massive amount of hatred for the new enemy:)

Arcdelad

They are hinting that becuase all zombies are in "a faction" and you can talk zombie to zombie, there may be some zombie only areas in the world somewhere where it would be useful to talk to some other zombies....a quest? something purchasable? a mount? a pet?

Nixphire

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 23, 2008, 08:40:39 AM
They are hinting that becuase all zombies are in "a faction" and you can talk zombie to zombie, there may be some zombie only areas in the world somewhere where it would be useful to talk to some other zombies....a quest? something purchasable? a mount? a pet?

Death Knight Starting Area?

Tolwen

QuoteWotLK Zombie Invasion - Phase 2
Now active on all servers: you can now find new crates and new critters in capital cities. Killing these critters and/or looting the crates will infect you, enjoy your AH havoc while it lasts