Druid Feral Macros

Started by Kothnok, June 01, 2011, 06:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kothnok

I recently switched back to Feral as my main spec with healing offspec so that we have more tank mains to choose from.  In the process, I found that there were just a couple more abilities than I could fit onto my cast bar, so I went to macro'ing several abilities together so they could share space on a common bar.  Figured I'd post them here in case other druids want to use them too.

"AoE" - bear and cat swipes and other aoe type attacks
#showtooltip [stance:3] Swipe(Cat Form); Thrash
/castsequence [stance:1] Thrash,Swipe(Bear Form),Maul,Swipe(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:3] Swipe(Cat Form)

"Bish" - Bash as bear, Bite as cat
#showtooltip Bash; [stance:3] Ferocious Bite
/cast [stance:1] Bash; [stance:3] Ferocious Bite

"Charge"
#showtooltip Feral Charge(Bear Form); [stance:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/cast [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); [stance:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form)

"Rage!"
/cast [modifier:shift,stance:1/3] Berserk; [stance:3]Tiger's Fury; [stance:1]Enrage

"Regen" - regen as bear, cower as cat
#showtooltip Frenzied Regeneration; [stance:3] Cower
/cast [stance:1] Frenzied Regeneration; [stance:3] Cower

"Run"
#showtooltip Stampeding Roar(Bear Form); [stance:3] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)
/cast [stance:1] Stampeding Roar(Bear Form); [stance:3] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)

"Smack"
#showtooltip Maul; [stance:3] Ravage
/cast [stance:1] Maul; [stance:3] Ravage

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Vengeance

props to oil for handing me most of these, here're a few more

faire fire for all forms in one button:
#showtoolip
/cast [nostance] Faerie Fire
/cast [stance:1] Faerie Fire (Feral)
/cast [stance:3] Faerie Fire (Feral)

shred/ravage in one button
#showtoolip
/cast [stealth] Ravage
/cast [modifier:shift] Ravage
/cast [nomodifier:shift, nostealth] Shred

both skull bash abilities in one button
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form); [stance:3, nostealth] Skull Bash(Cat Form)

pounce/rake in one button
#showtoolip
/cast [stealth] Pounce
/cast [nostealth] Rake

Oilslick

Just a note about stance macros:

Any of that don't include a caster stance and use the #showtooltip function, will typically show a '?' for the icon when not in kitty or bear stance.  Typically not an issue if ALL your abilities are on your pre-hot keyed bar (1 through = ).  But if some of them are clickable only, just add a semicolon and a spell name to the end of it without a stance.

The default stance for all feral spell names that don't have a caster equivalent are bear form, therefore you can leave off (Bear Form) from the end of spell names in macros to shorten them up if you're running into the character limit.

For example, if your stampeding roar is not hotkeyed and you want to see it's cd when in caster/human/travel form AND you want to keep it as short as possible:

"Run"
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1] Stampeding Roar; [stance:3] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form); Stampeding Roar

Kothnok

afaik, #showtooltip is only useful if you follow it with a specific spell, otherwise it's entirely useless.  The default behavior is to show a tooltip based on the first /cast in the macro, so I'm 99% sure you can just remove those empty #showtooltip lines w/o affecting anything.

Oilslick

#showtooltip is smarter than you give it credit for, give it a shot and see.

With no modifiers or conditions, it will show whatever cast you will attempt to cast by clicking it, not just the first line of the macro.

Kothnok

QuoteWith no modifiers or conditions, it will show whatever cast you will attempt to cast by clicking it, not just the first line of the macro.

That is what I mean by the "first line"... the first /cast that will go off.  If you have multiple /cast lines that will take effect, only the first one is shown.  That's the default behavior without the #showtooltip.

Oilslick

Last I checked you couldn't really have two /cast lines in a macro and have it work properly unless either the sequence of casts was completely off each others cooldown triggers and/or none of the /cast lines repeated the same stance for two different abilities.  Meaning it would always attempt to cast the first one, and kill the macro if the first cast line was on cooldown never getting to the second cast line.  (Which is why people use castsequence macros instead...but those tend to be heavily latency dependent as they rely upon a reply from the server confirming the first cast so i typically avoid them.)

For example, your first "AOE" macro looks to me as though it will never bear swipe instead only thrashing while in bear form.

The tooltip will always read the first /cast line, which is why i typically put all the stances into one line following semicolons as it fixes that issue because it's smart enough to figure out a single line's intentions.

Try the #showtooltip on your "Rage!" macro with the question mark icon, it should work perfectly, even swapping icons and tooltips when you press shift as part of it has a shift modifier.

Kothnok

> For example, your first "AOE" macro looks to me as though it will never bear swipe instead only thrashing while in bear form.

I updated it so that it will do Thrash, Swipe, Maul, Swipe, and then repeats. I found that utilizes the CD's of all three of those pretty well with that rotation.

Raif

Ive been meaning to post the ones i had for a while

FF in any form
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:3]Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral);[stance:1]Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral);[stance:0]Faerie Fire

I have two additional mouse buttons i wanted to get the most use out of i could so i made

Tigers fury if you're in cat, and enrage if in Bear
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:3]Tiger's Fury(Cat Form);[stance:1]Enrage(Bear Form)
SR in cat, and growl(taunt) in bear
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:3]Savage Roar(Cat Form);[stance:1] Growl(Bear Form)