WOLTK updates and Diablo 3 is coming !!!!!

Started by Riddlerr, June 28, 2008, 09:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnieRat

Paladin

Retribution paladins itemization will be moved to the same item as Warriors/Death Knights
A new reactive healing spell will be added - Hand of Purity.
Paladin's short-term-blessings no longer overwrite long-term-blessings.

1. Ret pallies aren't allready itemized to be Warriors?
2. About time... but what is reactive healing?
3. This is the big fix?!

Looks like someone is going DK.

Darkstar

Quote from: JohnnieRat on June 29, 2008, 10:14:55 AM
Paladin

Retribution paladins itemization will be moved to the same item as Warriors/Death Knights
Paladin's short-term-blessings no longer overwrite long-term-blessings.

1. Ret pallies aren't allready itemized to be Warriors?
3. This is the big fix?!

Looks like someone is going DK.

Haha, i'll be joining ya JR  ]:D

Lynette

Quote from: JohnnieRat on June 29, 2008, 10:14:55 AM
Paladin

In EQ2, reactive healing was the primary healing mechanism for Templars.  The way it worked was such:

• Templar cast reactive heal on friendly target
  • Friendly target gets hit by mob
  • Provided the friendly is not dead, it is healed a percentage of the total reactive heal
  • Incremental heals continue after each hit until the total reactive heal is used up - or a timer is reached (like 30 secs or so)
  • As a side note, some of the reactive heal threat was assigned to the friendly target - not all of it to the Templar (iirc)

I believe other games have implemented something similar to this - looks like WoW will join the club.  Nice way to differentiate healing classes from one another.

capnpop

In EQ2, reactive healing was the primary healing mechanism for Templars.  The way it worked was such:

• Templar cast reactive heal on friendly target
  • Friendly target gets hit by mob
  • Provided the friendly is not dead, it is healed a percentage of the total reactive heal
  • Incremental heals continue after each hit until the total reactive heal is used up - or a timer is reached (like 30 secs or so)
  • As a side note, some of the reactive heal threat was assigned to the friendly target - not all of it to the Templar (iirc)

I believe other games have implemented something similar to this - looks like WoW will join the club.  Nice way to differentiate healing classes from one another.

isn't that what prayer of mending is?

Nasanna

Yep, sounds like a prayer of mending/earthshield type ability. Or it could be a heal over time (like renew or druid heals).

The pvp stuff sounds interesting... it's about time for a new battleground. I'm glad they're adding more variety to dungeons and I like the idea of the non-linear dungeons (it sounds kinda like the Dire Maul North/Dire Maul Tribute runs but not quite).

The class changes look interesting too but I can't wait more details about talents and new abilities... I really hope that Blizz combines or eliminates some of the current spells, my hotbars are getting pretty cluttered as is (like they're doing with Curse of Elements and Curse of Shadow for the next patch).

Arcdelad

I've often said that only blizzard can kill WOW...

So...Starcraft 2 is coming out this year - and for those who didnt get into it, SC1 was a HUGE deal back in the day...there are die hards like myself that will no doubt be spending a lot of time perfecting protoss builds and figuring out ways to do a new muti rush =)

Then...we have Diablo 3 coming out - again, anything blizzard touches turns to gold, and the diablo series is what put them on the map (besides warcraft 2)...I suspect this will pull a lot of people as well =)

THEN - WOTLK comes out, which means we will be engrossed in all the new chalenges associated with that...

So...how does blizzard, who by its own fault just makes GREAT and successful games, plan to have people play ALL THREE at the same time? I know for someone like me WOW already takes up too much of the pie...its going to be hard to play SC2, Diablo 3 and WOW at the same time...something has to give blizzard =)

Tolwen

Nixphire

The closing of this made me sad. I remember playing SC1 and wiping out another teams full army with one nuke!  :exploding egg:

Arcdelad

you will never get the requisite resources or tech up enough to nuke me fool....never! In fact I have protoss in your base before you even have firebats up....and they are killing your drones! ha!

Nixphire

Sorry my Tauren Marines will be haxing your protoss dudes pretty bad.

Riddlerr

More info on hex and the warlocks demon form pic.

Arcdelad

damn right we can root indoors...i also want to real life root things...so many times i see squirells scurying about and i SO want to root em down....never seems to happen though......

un4

[blizzard]Valid Sap targets[/blizzard]
I saw that and wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry...
un4

un4

un4