Influence - lvl 80 Pally

Started by Shadowwolf, February 08, 2009, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Stay away from this person!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14990651010&sid=1

This was the idiot who ninja'd the rare mount from Oil's friend in a 10 man Vault run today.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

JohnnieRat

Armory on them shows either a name change or realm transfer being done.

What mount drops in Vault anyways?

Lynette

Quote from: JohnnieRat on February 09, 2009, 02:57:50 AM
Armory on them shows either a name change or realm transfer being done.

They are no longer on my ignore list either.  Maybe they changed names AND realms.

Belandand

In general, watch out for Kinetic and Holy Theory. I've grouped with a few dps, a tank and a healer from both guilds and my experience was less than thrilling (and i'm talking wrath, not pre-wrath).

Fleecy

I've grouped with some folks from Holy Theory, they weren't too bad, however the one thing I noticed was that they were ALL kids (they were using the in game voice chat), so yeah that's probably why u didn't have the best experience with them.  lol

Shadowwolf

[item]Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth[/item]

Drops in 10 and 25, rare drop

Its part of the achievement:

Grand Black War Mammoth
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

moonras

Aye, people like this should have their accounts banned. Including bank ninjas and other players of the genre as well. Ruins other people's love of the game.

Shadowwolf

Looks like they did a name change and a realm change. Was an 80 Female Ret pally and the person was actually on in IF last night around 3AM server time when horde was raiding IF's king and they were guildless.

Id imagine they had to transfer and rename because there was no way they would be able to do anything worthwhile on this server anymore.

I told Oil to tell his friend, about 15min after I posted that on the realm board (both to notify the realm and also to prod Kinetic into actually taking action since they seemed uncaring), I had about 5 other guild GM's contact me from the larger guilds on the server to confirm the story and add them to their blacklist. Basically they ended their reputation for the sake of one semi-rare mount as I believe the drop rate was increased with 3.0.8 since ive heard it dropping a few times now.

Im sure the persons arrogance got the best of them in that they figured "Oh im part of a "leet guild", I can do what I want to these people since they dont matter and nothing will be done about it" which is similar to the attitude the <Kinetic> officers took at first when people contacted them about this persons behavior.

Oilslick

I have to chime in:

In summary:
he was gbooted for two reasons, the ninja'ing - and the lying about it to his officer's and gm

the guild leader spasz had no hesitation about booting him over this, merely wanted to get a screenshot to validate one person's claim versus another

it is a relatively young guild and many of the officers haven't really personally taken an ownership of their respected positions within the guild - looking to spasz for guidance regarding any decisions like this

I haven't been back online yet to see if the rightful winner got her loot back or not.

Many many many guilds and players in general blacklisted him almost immediately - he couldn't even respond to anyone in trade chat from what i understand b/c of the sheer volume of people that had him on their /ignore lists following the announcement of the incident.

I have partied with a handful of people from kinetic in random pugs...and in their defense, i have never encountered behavior from anyone in their guild that mirrors that of Influence's.  Till this completely pugged raid consisting of a very random assortment of people from 8 different guilds, I have had nothing bad to say about any of them.  I encourage you all to not discriminate against this guild as a direct result of Influence's actions, but rather let them build an impression in their own right.  In the end, Spasz did what we'd expect any respectable guild leader to do in this situation, and hopefully his example will help to define who they are as a collective and contribute to an enjoyable playing experience on our realm as Twilight has.

Shadowwolf

Thats fair Oil, and I dont think anyone is labeling the guild as bad because of this one idiot. The problem is the immediate response of the officers when approached about the issue was rather indifferent to it all and when called out about that response, they tried to backtrack on it. In the end, the results were favorable and action was taken, however I couldnt help but feel as though had nothing been made known publicly, action may not have been taken just based off the responses some of the officers gave about the issue. It wasnt till they were inundated with tells about it and basically making people believe they didnt care that they said they needed to consult with the GM and decide on action.

There is an undeniable level of arrogance from that guild though. Ive had some rather unpleasant run ins with some of their people, and I have also had some good ones, however the bad outnumbers the good. Additionally, it didnt take long for that level of arrogance to manifest itself on the realm forum basically poking fun at the situation and making light of it with a self bragging thread about their success on Sartharion which read <Kinetic> Loot Ninjas which I found distasteful.

Aside from the overly arrogant nature of what seems to be a large percentage of its membership, I have good faith in the GM of it. Hopefully he/she is just having a slow time getting a handle on things over there and establishing a solid foundation of things within. I think whats working against them is that people know <Kinetic> as the guild thats composed of the complainers and not so nice players that broke off from <Idiocracy>, and as such I think that label pooled with the behavior of some of its membership has created a distasteful image of that guild for many.