Druids did it, we'll do it too...

Started by Darkling, November 16, 2006, 02:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

weapon expertise is like....useless with bc's new system

un4

un4

dharq

Weapon skill only affects crit %... .1% crit per point of skill against mobs higher lvl than your character, to be exact.

Which begs the question, with all the new stuff going in to bring down the effectiveness of criticals, how are rogues going to fair?

I mean, a large number of their talents build off of criticals, especially the talents that generate extra cps. I have a feeling those things are going to really affect a lot of rogues.

Darkling

Yeah, we're getting nerfed bad. That whole resilience thing makes crits obsolete imo. blizz is f'ing up again.

dharq

Definitely makes premed much more interesting than it was previously..

Also makes sword rogues look much, much more tasty than anything else... High, sustained dps that isn't as dependent on crits.

Just sad to see a class that had so many options before being forced into a mold.

Genoism

heh what dharq said..a but confusing with all the dots in there...maybe your just really hyped up about ony...more dots!!!

so ya 1 weapon skill now equals to 0.1% crit...soo freakin useless lol

Also i dont feel they are nerfing crits THAT much, based off the items i see in the expansion there's almost +crit to every weapon out there along with +hit. Also all those classes don't reduce crit chance by a significant amount. I thing as the game will progress rogues will still be fine...specially with the boost in dmg and stamina at the cost of some crit.

dharq

I think for all classes except for rogues (and cat druids) the loss of crit % will be pretty much evened out with other abilities.

The fact that rogues and cats both build combo points off of crits, and rely heavily on combos for their major attacks seems to throw them way out of balance with everyone else though... No other classes (even fury warriors) rely as heavily on crits for their damage or abilities.

un4

I have +10% crit from talents with daggers.  I get my damage through crits.  If people are immune to my crits, or if I don't crit, I'm worth shit.

Yay  ::)
un4

dharq

ooh ooh! can we put you in a paper bag and light you on blizzard's front porch?

un4

No, but you can drop me off at the high-rise next door...
un4