Cookie Cutter

Started by Darkling, April 02, 2007, 07:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

After getting two pieces of the assassination set, I got the first set bonus: 160 Haster Rating when Cheap Shot or Kidney Shot are used. Some may think that isn't a lot. It is actually a very nice bonus.

Due to this bonus I decided to do away with any 41 point talent. Any of you can look at the armory to see my spec. After using this spec in PVP/PVE, it is by far the best DPS I have ever done. I have Cold Blood, Improved Kidney Shot, Serrated Blades, and Hemo. All of these add damage. I also put some points into that poison talent right above Cold Blood. This adds a percentage bonus to my poisons and a resist dispel chance of my poisons. My white damage has gone up considerably as well as my critical strike damage.

I also was able to take Premeditation and Preparation in the Sublety tree. Premeditation is for a nice initial 4-5 point combo with a cheap shot opener. Preparation is for those 'Oops, I did it again.' moments, survival. I put one point into Ambush, well, because I had to so I could get Serrated Blades talent. I'm thinking I should have possibly put it into something else, but, I figure some bonus crit chance for ambush may be useful even though I never open with ambush anymore.

I actually rarely use Cold Blood as well. If I am using Deadly Poison on my OH, I'll work up 5-pts and 5 stacks, pop CB, and use envenom. Since this respec though, my eviscerates and envenom have essentially balanced out on crit damage.

I put 3/3 into improved gouge for pvp purposes and those moments where I have to stunlock a mob in an instance for as long as possible.

Shadowstep was fun, but this spec is great for the gear I have now and my play style. It is not so dependent on poisons or daggers. I guess you can say it leaves my options open as far as weapons go.

Oh, and the pvp strategies I started, I'm going to not continue them for awhile. Mainly because I'm going to work on a manual of sorts for rogue pvp. Send stuff you would like to see in it to me (websites, personal strategies, tips, etc.).

Vengeance

I still try to beat you ya know, got you like once or twice and the others were insanely close  :P

Darkling

Druids are by far the hardest to beat (except Moonies. They're as easy to take out as a Shaman or Warlock). You definitely got me a couple times last night. I'm starting to think I should have thrown that point in the talent that knocks off 45 seconds from the CD for Blind and Vanish instead of Improved Ambush. Anyway. Back to work. See you guys tonight.

un4

I'm currently toying around with
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/rogue/talents.html?3050030000000000000003250550100050100023212515002000000000000000000
as my level 70 build.  I've finished everything but the sub atm, and I'll be one point closer to it tomorrow :)

My white damage is sky-high; I was doing 700 white DPS today after respeccing, with a 10% parry chance and a 27% dodge chance on top of that.  With Imp sap, I doubt I'll need anything else.
un4

Vengeance

sorrry un4 my rogue pwns you no need to list spec

un4

Quote from: Vengeance on April 08, 2007, 08:20:28 AM
sorrry un4 my rogue pwns you no need to list spec
Remember the last time you said that?  ]:D
un4