Continuious Disconnect Bugfix

Started by Shadowwolf, August 13, 2009, 07:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

I had a problem since 3.2 that when I logged on my druid, it would immediately freeze and DC me. Im not sure what causes it, its actually a WoW client crash, but no alert for it. The fix I used in case anyone has this issue is to do the following:

Log on another character (diff from the one you've been DCing with) with all addons disabled.
Log off, then enable your addons and log back on.
Log off and relog the character that was crashing WoW.

That seems to work, just thought id help in case anyone else ran into this.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

As best as I can tell, this is a bug with 3.2 and Dalaran at peak hours. Since I home my druid in Darnassus now, I havent seen this problem return. It only seems to happen if you try and log on in Dalaran when theres tons of people on.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Cottonbaler

When that happens to me - the culprit seems to be Questhelper. If I disabled that one I could get on. Could be something unique to my combination of addons.
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Friends help you move...
...REAL friends help you move bodies.

I Believe In Making Sacrifices. Can I Start With You?

Shadowwolf

I dont use Questhelper, so i really dont believe it to be an addon.