Blizz upcoming changes

Started by Grendeel, January 07, 2010, 06:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendeel

[blizzard]As many of you have suspected, we think rogue damage is too high. We will be making hotfixes to lower the maximum damage output of Assassination and Combat rogues. The Combat nerf will be slight. Both specs should still do just fine on damage meters (assuming skill, gear etc.) but shouldn't be beating out other specs to such a large degree.

Other things on our radar that you might see soon -- none of these are promises and we have no specific changes to announce yet:

-- Warlock damage in PvE is a little low.
-- Protection warriors have too much utility and damage for PvP. (We don't want to hurt their tanking in PvE of course.)
-- We are considering adjusting (not replacing) the Elemental 4 piece Tier 10 set bonus.
-- We'll continue to refine and look at the Icecrown weapon procs.
-- Other stuff (yes, we've heard your concerns), but these are the big things we are focusing on at this time.

Some of these changes, should we decide to pursue them, can be handled via hotfix and others will be made in an upcoming patch.

We usually don't make such general announcements before we're ready to share the specifics, so we'll see how this works out. [/blizzard]

Interesting that they choosing to give us a heads up on changes in general without specifics.  Appeasing the complaints i guess

JohnnieRat

WHAT!!!!!! Rogues do an obscene amount of DPS?

Jilinna

well i saw it coming  :laugh: but assasination rogues needed a bit of a nerf, they were out-beating combat by substantial numbers quite often not sure how there going to nerf us though. /sigh i cant count how many OMG ROGUES ARE OP threads ive seen this week alone
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO