What I've learned in the last 4 weeks... :)

Started by Fleecy, May 09, 2012, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleecy

So I decided to take a cake decorating class, they teach them at Michael's stores - Wilton cake decorating!  I have only done course 1 which is a 4 week course, there are 4 courses in total that teach different things.  Course 1 is basic cake decorating, teaches you how to do the basic borders and flowers as well as how to make buttercream icing from scratch.  Here are the cake I made for week 2, the cupcakes for week 3 and the cake for week 4 (graduation cake), as well as a quick cake I made for my niece for school...

The first cake is only white because I forgot to bring bowls to mix colours into lol, the blue flowers are pompom flowers and I decided to make them after I put the leaves on so the leaves are a little further out then they should be but meh, they're still pretty, the yellow cake kinda slipped while I was driving home so the border around the bottom is a little messed up but I tried to keep that out of the photo and I think I did a pretty good job of that lol and the chocolate cake was done very quickly so the flowers aren't the best but meh again it's still pretty!

Kothnok

So there really is cake? It's not just a lie?   :companioncube:

Grats on learning new skills! :) They look delicious... well, all but the 1st weeks albino cake that is. ;)  :p2_cake:
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Those certainly make my cakes look like garbage, lol
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Icemunch