TK 4/23

Started by Shadowwolf, April 23, 2008, 10:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Hey guys,

Last night, while somewhat successful, was very frustrating for me to lead. Im going to be 100% honest here, that was probably the worst run in terms of pointless deaths we have ever had on any raid in some time now if not ever. I cant play the game for you, everyone has to devote attention to it themselves and if you arent aware of all thats going on, people die. While it may not seem like a big deal to some of you, it is to others and no one needs to foot unnecessary repairs.

The Solarian fight...thats still somewhat new for us, but even with it being a fairly new boss, its perfectly doable if people pay attention. Theres a Mod I made available for everyone to use that will turn your screen blue when you get her debuff so you know when to run away:

http://www.twilightonalex.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&Itemid=5&gid=111

If you cant do it with my tells and BigWigs alarms alone, then please download that addon for the sake of everyone else on the raid. All it takes is 1 person to mess up and its a wipe. Theres some things I noticed about the fight that was causing confusion, namely positioning where people got debuffed and got trapped in where to run and ended up killing people so I will address those on tomorrows run.

The Void Reaver clears however were sloppy. Im not sure what was the issue, but we need to run the trash clears as intently as we do bosses. The quicker we get through the trash to the boss the more time we have on the boss itself and on other bosses.

I cant tell you how stressful it is to lead a raid when it feels like most people arent paying attention. I try to have patience but its not an easy job to do leading a 25 raid and have the kind of sloppiness we had tonight. I know everyone is psyched about all the success we've had recently and all the progress we've made, but lets not get complacent about it. These things are still difficult and we arent able to slide our way through them as if we are running deadmines at  70. Mistakes are still somewhat unforgiving, so please pay attention. I cant stress that enough.

Id like to take us to Hyjal soon and start kicking ass and taking names in there as well, but if we dont clean up more and have runs like this all the time, I dont see how we can be successful there. You all have great potential, thats what makes you all fantastic and this guild fantastic, so dont disappoint and give it your all every time, be it on a trash mob or on a boss, the effort should be the same.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

I should add that the raid felt like 90% of you were raiding already for 6hrs prior when we only just begun. You all play how you want, but perhaps its not such a good idea to run a heroic or other instance right up till the invite time of the raid. Give yourself some break time like an hour to go fix a sandwich or watch a little TV or take a 30min nap. Unplug a bit and relax before the raid, dont push so hard on the game that by the time you get in a raid you are tired and ready for bed, thats no good for anyone. I do dailys and other non-stressful things before a raid, or check mail, things I use as a cooldown prep time where im getting into the rythm but im not taxing myself right before. If you are already worn by the time a raid starts perhaps you should change your play cycle on days we have a raid. Again, you all play how you want, but being tired or worn out does no good to you or anyone else.

Everyone has to be on the A game for these for us to continue to make the great strides we did last week and keep on with them. We dont need to dedicate our lives to the game to see this content, thats we've proven, but we do need to make sure we take it seriously. We showed what we can do when we set our minds to it, lets keep up the good work.  :D
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

capnpop

^^^^ what she said

also, i like cookies...

fiere redfern

I'd just like to add one thing.

As a courtesy to the Raid Leader (and to a lesser extent, the rest of the raid), please please PLEASE if you are going to be leaving mid-raid for ANY reason let the raid leader know before the raid even begins. Having to search for people on the fly while mid-raid just adds another level of stress to the RL's position that could easily be avoided; either by a simple "hey guys I have XYZ to do tomorrow, I can only be on for another hour", or in your note when you sign up. Either or will let the RL know what's going on, so they can have a short-list of subs ready to fill your slot when you leave.

...and I like cookies too, but brownies are delicious ^_^