What spec will you be trying with 3.0?

Started by Lynette, October 10, 2008, 11:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynette

First up for me ... Mutilate Hunger For Blood build http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ef0exoi0oIzAo0xZx, although I will put 2/2 in Opportunity and 2/5 in RS (Sub).

Cut to the Chase makes this build too good to pass up as all finishing moves will be damage dealers.

Of course, we'll still be gimped versus any poison immune mob.  But dagger rogues are (somewhat) back in vogue, since mutilate no longer requires you to attack from behind.

Belandand

I think I'll stick with my combat build (but as for wep specializiation, that's a toss up). However, I would like to get opinions on Unfair Advantage. It seems counterintuitive to me but I dunno **shrugs**

Belandand

Since we can't get to level 80 in the new patch, this will be the build I will be using until the xpac is out: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=f

Changes from my old (20/41/0) build- no buffs to my poison damage. I feel that its time to officially stop using envenom in my cycles and instead opt for rupture as Blood Splatter is a very nice talent. I did some chicken-scratch calculations today and I found that the ticks of my ruptute (5 pt) increases by approx 59. For example, at my current AP, my 5 pt rupture ticks for 196 (assuming no dps related buffs- just me and my poisons). With 2/2 Blood Splatter, the tick jumps to 259 (this math might be wrong- sorry but I was in the middle of a class :(  ).

I also figured that since the best- or at least one of the best rotations for any raiding rogue is 5s/5r, buffing my SS and rupture dmg would be the way to go. My only disappointment is the inability to put 5/5 relentless strikes (it gave me a ton of energy back in raids).

Hope the link works, but if not its 15/43/5

un4

un4

Belandand

Have any of you guys tried out killing spree by any chance? If you have, a=does it break CC?

From what I've about it, the talent itself itsn't worth it atm and this is disappointing : /

un4

Still trying out mutilate.  I plan on doing combat next, then a ShS PvP build.

Mutilate:

Very fun, nice crits, great CP generation.

S.  L.  O.  W.  energy regen, very low poison application rate without improved poisons.  In heroics, at least, mobs die too quickly to get a full 5 CP/5 deadly poison stack for big envenom crits.  High boss DPS.

Conclusions:  excellent for pvp, ok for pve.  Great crits off of it, but lacking in energy regen.
un4

Belandand

Feel free to check out my spec if you still wanan stick to Combat XXXX (daggers, swords, fists). I don't hink killing spree can truly shine until we're past 70.

Belandand

Just read http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html;jsessionid=D4596799E7D25F22022969611BE02A34.app06_04?topicId=6104911962&sid=1

Sadly, KS breaks CC and doesn't let you use specials. It does however increase your white dmg and increases your poison and trinket proc rates.

un4

KS = Kidney Shot in my mind.
KSpree, perhaps?  Anyway, it's amazing.  I hit 1.6k DPS repeatedly in Kara using it, and netted 945 DPS for the run... that's about a 200 DPS increase for me.
un4

Lynette

Been playing with both mutilate & combat dagger builds for raiding purposes, and I can say without a doubt that mutilate is far superior in 3.02.  I've noticed about a 200 - 400 dps difference in the builds, and that is without taking full advantage of the mutilate properties (due to my still getting used to it).

Going back to mutilate and will work on integrating HfB into my rotation (as opposed to b4 the pull only) to boost damage by 9%.

Will report back.

kajunlady

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Lynette

kajunlady

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Belandand

Now that we are substantially past 3.0.2 release, I am pretty confidentw ith my current spec. Before, my highest end game raid dps (taking gorefiend as a benchmark) was 1696.4 Post 3.0.2 I did 3011 on Gorefiend. The bread and butter of the new combat build is Prey on the Weak. While it requries some quick thinking on the rogue's part, it does provide a very nice dmg boost to your crits. Most forums/posts agree that its  crit dmg bonus outweighs the bonus provided by lethality.

On a separate note:

Killing Spree WILL- atk targets that are normally unattackable by melee (ie flying-only targets); will close a relatively small gap between you and the mob (in situations where you are forced to run back a distance); will "re-level" you with the mob (ie bring you bring to ground level with it)

killing Spree WILL NOT - allow for normal weapon swings. According to tests I did on target dummies, any and all moves will be blacked out during KS's duration. It currently does not proc combat potency but does proc enchants and trinkets. Also, whether or not BF's effects persist through KS, i is pretty pointless to use it with KS because KS will wear off as soon as 10 successive atks have been made no matter if the atks occur quickly or slowly.

That said, save this cd for boss fights (its great here- nice burst dmg, also brings you back into focus on "run away bosses"). But for trash mobs, save it unless the tanks ahve good aggro on the mobs or else you'll definitely pull threat which isnt fun.