Movement & Positioning Bug

Started by Air, January 17, 2009, 11:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air

Some bosses ingame currently, will go past a tank causing a mob to get behind them.  This is a bug that will hopefully be fixed next patch according to GC.

[blizzard]There are some mobs, and Grobbulus is an example, where there was disagreement in the data between the attack range of the creature and the size of its hit box. This caused the creature to constantly readjust its position. This bug has been fixed in 3.0.8. It might not solve every situation where the behavior your described is occuring, but it should certainly help. [/blizzard]
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Geos

oh its a LOT more than SOME, its a whole lot of mobs, from bosses to trash, makes tanking things a PITA, very irritating

fiere redfern

Aye, not even just in instances, too. There are many mobs in northrend that will run past to get behind you and attack.

JohnnieRat

I thought that was intended since tanking is too easy now anyways

Grendeel

Ah is this what i see happening when my pet dances about 20 yds away from the attack point cause the mob is trying to get behind my pet?   If so, its very annnoying cause it often aggros unintended mobs :(