leveling holy

Started by vakiller, March 17, 2008, 03:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vakiller

:snowman:what do u think about leveling holy? I'm starting a priest when I return to wow and would like to know if leveling holy would be ok.

un4

When I tried it (two years ago) it was hell.  Shadow all the way.
un4

sweetblood

i was told to go shadow until lvl 6o at least ,then decide from there.

Luise

Unless you have someone to lvl with all the time :)

samaura

I personally have never tried a priest but Being a holy pally, the grind was a little nuts...But at least I had some more armor to stay alive longer while I heal myself. I have really enjoyed playing the holy class though ever since I started...I often thought about switching ret just to lvl faster but then I was concerned that all my exp would be ret and not holy. So i decided to tough it out to learn how to play my toon......at least i think lol:)

Hope it helps a lil..
D

Kothnok

If you intend to do a lot of instances while leveling up, then go with what you want to play (in this case, holy).  Soloing and grouping up to play the healer role are very different in my experience.  I started holy and found that soloing was difficult because holy's focus is to, well, heal so that someone else can dish out the damage.  I once found myself in STV fighting against one of those bandit healers... it was a really long fight.  I would get them to 10% and they'd heal to full; and I would do the same.  Took so long that I had to move off due to repops.  On the other hand, I did instances whenever I could and learned how to heal in a group (which is why I was playing a priest in the first place).  I learned quite a bit and found it well worth sticking holy... until reflective shield came out and I've been Disc with some Holy ever since. ;)

If you go shadow until 60 and then go holy, keep in mind that the transition from DPS to Healer doesn't take place overnight.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

sweetblood

from koth=(If you go shadow until 60 and then go holy, keep in mind that the transition from DPS to Healer doesn't take place overnight.) i turned 58 last night and went into outlands and repecd holy and grouped for awile and kicked butt but when he left and i went on my own,it was tough.im going to stick with it though so i get used to it because i plan on doing bigger things in the future and want to get used to it ,but i definetly agree that it is alot different (for me).

Shadowwolf

Im told, if you stack on the spell damage, as holy spec you can be a pretty mean smitebot in instances and in soloing. For me, the aspects of Disc appealed to me more and I never found a reason to change. I had a priest before my Draenei which I tried as Shadow in leveling and I really didnt like it much personally. Disc priests are hard to kill because there is a lot of talents and talent related spell improvements designed to increase your survivability. Because of that, it makes soloing as non-shadow spec pretty nice. Its almost the best of both worlds in that you get some of the dps comparison of shadow and the heal ability of holy.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

vakiller

:choco egg: thanks for the time everybody your posts really helped

sweetblood

Being shadow until 58 and now holy for three lvls, I healed for ramparts yesterday for the first time ,and I did alright but noticed how quickly I went down with some aggro on me and threw out whatever I could, but can see that with a little more time, I might of been able to recover my group quicker than worrying about getting them off me.I decided to stay holy until 62 and respec to disc when I train to find the balance.