Blizzards Battle.net changeover exploded some stuff

Started by Shadowwolf, January 07, 2011, 05:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Just a heads up guys, there are 2 things on the site which arent working properly and I am aware of them. Unfortunately, they broke due to Blizzard changing all things WoW related over to "us.battle.net" instead of worldofwarcraft.com. Unfortunately, fixing them isnt as easy as changing the name in the PHP applications because the data they gather has been shifted around, relabeled, and lacks any kind of easily readable "feed" at the moment (trying to use non-techie explanation).

Right now, whats not working properly is:

Signature Generator = Worgen characters have no character portrait in the signature image. This is because the old feed which Blizzard had to provide your character information was not properly updated to accommodate the new races in Cataclysm. You will still see stats for your character, but if you are a Worgen, no image is displayed for a portrait. A workaround is you can use a custom portrait for the time being.

Realm Status Display = The realm status image on the main page as well as the Events Calendar doesnt show the realm status. Again, Blizz broke this when they moved everything around and as of this moment, no readable feed is available to make this information appear properly. They claim to be working on one soon but no date for release has been given yet.

This is one of those few things where I am at the mercy of Blizzard web developers. As soon as I can get these things fixed I will, just wanted to make everyone aware that I know about them and am working on them.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

LostWander