Tankadin

Started by Nixphire, October 13, 2008, 07:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nixphire

So I'm a little lost on what stats I'm looking for now and the best way to generate threat post patch day. From what I understand a good portion of our abilities now say based on AP and "weapon" damage for some spells.
Does anyone have a good spot to read up a bit about this before I jump in tomorrow?
I tried finding some stuff, but it's still a bit vague.

Thanks

Geos

As far as I know we want to be more like warriors now

kaylasb

Lynette

Spent a half hour this morning researching this and I'm still lost.

Can someone summarize the pally threat changes and help me understand what stats I want (as a tankadin) with my gear choices.  Another area where I could use some clarity is the use of judgements to increase threat, as these appear to have changed as well.

Geos

As far as I know, str is a prime stat for tankadins now, your judgement damage scales with it, and blocking becomes awesome. For aggro when tanking you can still use the old stuff, you wont have to judge crusader anymore, because that seal is now "baked in" to the other seals. Instead of just one judgement, now there are several, I've only really played around with the judgement of light and wisdom, but they work like they used to when you had to seal then judge, only now its just judge, ezmode really. Vengance is applied every hit now, instead of chance on hit, so basically its either that or righteousness like before. What seemed to me to be the kicker for tanking is a new move, "Hammer of the righteous" or some such, 6 second cd, does x% of weapon damage (300 last i saw) to your target, and 2 additional nearby targets. I'm not an expert, but it seems that you can keep the old rotations basically, and just toss the new move in whenever its off cd, and its business as usual. Now, if you have any tier gear, it should be changed to reflect the stats youre going to want now, so you can get an idea by takin a look at what youre wearing when you log on to get the idea.

Lynette

Finally found what I was looking for ...

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=15212

Spells everything out for 3.0 Pally tanking.  Enjoy!