Feral Druid Guide to new 2.4 items

Started by Arcdelad, March 13, 2008, 09:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Badges badges badges badges...to get everything we need its 600 badges....OUCH.

[item]Staff of the Forest Lord[/item] - 150 Badges - is slightly better than the S3 staff, which means this will be THE best DPS staff you will get until Sunwell Plateau - the 25 man raid AFTER Black temple, OR the S4 Staff when it comes out. IMO you save up for this first and add it ASAP.

[item]Belt of the Silent Path[/item] - 75 Badges - Just slightly (very slight) better than the [item]Waistguard of the Great Beast[/item] for DPS, but most druid in our guild will use the Fat Beast waist for tanking, so that makes this DPS belt the one to get.

[item]Embrace of Everlasting Prowess[/item] - 100 Badges - This is one of those catch-22 items - its great for both cat and bear gear, but you can only gem it one way. If you have access to Arena gear, the S3 or incoming S4 chest pieces are much better for tanking; if you don't do arenas, make this your tank chest, and use [item]Vestments of Hibernation[/item] for your cat chest.

[item]Handwraps of the Aggressor[/item] - 75 Badges - another catch 22 item - this is a killer item for both bear and cat gear when gemmed up right. If you have [item]Gloves of Dexterous Manipulation[/item] from Kara or [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves[/item], make this your bear gloves easily. These ARE better than the T4 for tanking AND DPS.

[item]Tameless Breeches[/item] and [item]Trousers of the Scryers' Retainer[/item] - 100 badges each - two great legs, one for each form. Tameless make great bear legs (think about replacing the lost +DEF rating though with gems there), and the Trousers are EXCELLENT dps legs, far better than [item]Skulker's Greaves[/item] from Kara.

Magister's Terrace Heroic Loot

There is one single item that is worthwhile that drops in heroic mode - [item]Commendation of Kael'Thas[/item]. This is a GREAT bear trinket and drops off the third boss.

LW Patterns

If you can buy this - [item]Carapace of Sun and Shadow[/item] - do it! This chest is just flat out amazing...

fiere redfern

Yipe, and I thought I'd made a list of everything I needed =(

Go go gadget Heroic-runs!

Vengeance

I know im going for the staff first...the SSC staff is still my dps weapon.
IMO the other rogue chestpiece is better for dps then the prowress (too lazy to find link) unless your hit capped. Even then its a close call.

Lynette

That staff would add over 1k AP to my cat form and will be the next thing I buy with badges unless Illhoof treats me right.

Arcdelad

other chest is [item]Tunic of the Dark Hour[/item], and is inferior for druids to the other one...looks great for rogues though...

i would still get that staff over the stranglestaff lynn...could be worse though...you could be using a tank weapon for dps :P

Lynette

Quote from: Arcdelad on March 14, 2008, 06:20:45 AM
i would still get that staff over the stranglestaff lynn...could be worse though...you could be using a tank weapon for dps :P

True, but 150 badges could go to something else - I need upgrades all over.

Nixphire

All this talk about feral! Where's the resto love?

Arcdelad

there are druids not feral out there?!?

Arcdelad

LOL

thats too skinny to be a moonkin though hehehe

Kothnok

skinny? bah!  Where's the antlers though?
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.