*Firelands* [Lord Rhyolith] - Tactic Discussion

Started by Shadowwolf, July 25, 2011, 09:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Deadlymijo

ok so dps neeeds to be split up on both feet like we did first time and need to drag the big adds away from anyone

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Grendeel

Thats one of the ones i watched...a much shorter version on utube.  I kind of like his style.  They sure make it sound simple.   Driving the boss is the key.

Deadlymijo

Ok from what i just understood on there 25 is they used 2 tanks and have 2 solid range dps on adds every1 else on feet except tanks ands healers so basically we have to much dmg on adds and way less on feet since thats are issue is not turning him

Avelandra

Driving the Guy:

We started with DPS on the right Foot and since he will walk to the middle no matter what and stomp, we switched during the stomp to the other foot. This allows him to get closer to the edge before he begins his circling around. He starts heading to the right then turns left. Hitting volcanoes is half luck, half skill. They must be spouting when you hit them. He shoots a beam out of him that will ignite the volcanoes, so be aware of that when steering, so you have an aim point. He doesn't have to hit the volcano dead on, he has a large footprint and even a side of a foot is enough to trigger armor loss.

As the driver you need to keep a close eye on the turn meter, its the bar in the lower middle and is from his prospective. I found myself sometimes hitting the other foot to keep the meter from being too far over to one side. If it is hard to one side, he will just spin and it will take a little longer to turn him the other direction.

I assume each group's dps will be different so there is a small learning curve in how fast he will turn, but if you just have him sorta going in an oval around the middle area by easing off the dps so he doesn't turn for a little as he crosses the center, you can then turn him and have him lined up on a volcano fairly easily. Doing the damage is important, but getting his armor down is more so. Once his armor was gone, we hit only one leg hard. It keeps him spinning in a circle and doesn't let him reach the edge. I found that he must really be facing the edge to trigger the raid wipe, we had some close calls on the turns.

Hope this helps.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.