Twilight Original Forums

Started by DarkBlade, August 10, 2006, 01:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade

I just tried to log on to our other forums, and it has been hacked. I don't know who hosts the site but if you can do anything please do. This is pretty stupid seeing as twilight isnt known around the world.

dharq

Fixed them. Sorry about that, hadn't checked them this afternoon, and it looks like around 1:30pm someone decided to get all skillful and hack phpnuke for me.. Woah, oh noes!!! Took me a bit to close up the holes, but I think I've disabled all of the holes they used to get us. Thanks for the heads up DB.

dharq

Oh, and for the record, we're evidently more global than even I thought...

The attacks came from IPs registered with a network admin in Amman, Jordan. Go figure.

I know it doesn't mean that someone from Jordan was involved, but still kinda interesting, no?

un4

Lol.  Wtfpwned by Dharq.

Someone tried to hack me yesterday too... he/she was from PA though.
un4

Tolwen

OO so this is y Dharq got a bit angry when i said i will hack your roll? ???

uh i was really kidding with ya,  i can berly turn on my comp and log on to wow..how could i hack U:D?

Shadowwolf

Sadly, being in the computer security industry myself, doesnt take all that much know how with the way technology has progressed to wreak havok =P
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

dharq

^^ Yeah, fortunately the idiot that hacked the other site was just using exploits in php-nuke (which is chock-full of them). It actually helped me to tighten down a few I missed, but since they didn't have any real skill and couldn't hack the actual server or db, all is good.

Actually, it was a great time for me. Got to dig around and figure out how they did it and patch the holes.. Was more fun than I've had even in WoW for a long time.

Shadowwolf

Tis some of the work I get to do every day +)
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

dharq

un4

If you want the practice, Dharq, one of my buddies is a fairly skilled hacker...
un4

Caedryne

Darq what language do you write scripts with

dharq

The old forums are all php currently. I'm debating on whether or not to completely revamp it with asp now that I'm more comfortable with msvs 2005... /ponder

Shadowwolf

ASP!!!!!!????????

youre crazy. hehe

crazy crazy crazy

dharq

actually, ASP isn't so bad. not saying it doesn't have holes, but they aren't any worse than php-nuke. ;)

As for programming it, ASP's a whole lot cleaner, imo.