TW Main Site: Search Engine Friendly (SEO) Change

Started by Shadowwolf, October 28, 2010, 12:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Just a heads up, I have made some modifications to the main site in an effort to make URLs on the main site and its articles more browser friendly. Gone are the old URLs of index.php?<random crap here> and component/content/56-namehere-83/.

Everything is now more streamlined and makes sense. I cant always fix every little detail before it breaks, which means that you may occasionally run into a broken link on the site while I make sure this transition completes smoothly. Ive tried to go through every link possible to catch all of them but Im bound to miss 1 or 2.

If you find a link somewhere that doesnt work (even if its not on this site anywhere and somewhere else), please post it so I can fix it.

This is part of some of the site improvements that I am doing in prep for our move into the new expansion and year 5 of our existence. =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Main site now also has a customized 404 page that can suggest related items based on the URL being sought out. You can have a peek at what the 404 page looks like by viewing the page link here:

http://www.twilightonalex.com/dgdfg
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess