Honor reset and WotLK

Started by khader, September 24, 2008, 06:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khader

[blizzard]As many of you know we will be featuring a new Battleground, a dedicated world PvP zone and all new PvP items in Wrath of the Lich King. In order to make the transition from The Burning Crusade to Wrath of the Lich King flow as smoothly as possible, all accrued honor points will be reset at the launch of the expansion. We do this to ensure select players do not have an unfair advantage at level 80 from stockpiling honor to instantly purchase the newest Wrath of the Lich King PvP rewards. For those with unspent honor points prior to the release of the expansion, we will be offering a few upgrades and special rewards in next content patch solely for purchase via the honor system.

I read special items and now that's all I care about. Screw the upgrades what are those "special" things going to be?
The items should be on the PTRs now, or very soon.

Same as others have posted, curious about what will happen with pvp tokens/badges accumulated? possible to get a blue to clarify this please?
Marks of Honor will be wiped as well. [/blizzard]

Original on Blizzard forum
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10043252440&sid=1

Rocknlock

wow thats screwed up. I could use that same reasoning when they made s1 gear go to honor points, "Oh new items are out so lets reset the honor."

Trismus

Well, looks like PvE gear ftw until the first season ends.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Nixphire

No, actually they have 3 different ways of getting 3 different type of Arena/pvp gear.
Deadly, Hateful and Savage
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=17417.0

Fab

BTW-- this is PvE related-- Whoever has a raid ready moonkin and has access to bets or the PTR.. try the Hyjal trash. I just finished doing it and MY GOD

I pushed out 4100+dps with no flasks or pots. Hurricane it re-donk-ulous now :o  No CD and like 3/4 of the hits crit, which is insane..didnt think it would be so high!
Elsa..our time has come lol!!

Also.. I tested out my dps on a dummy..depending on rotation, I was hovering around 1350-1450dps no pots or raid buffs..which for moonkin standards and my gear level is about 400-500dps more.

If everyone else's class' are experiencing the same higher outputs, I'm sure we'll be able to make a deeper runin BT b4 wotlk hits!   :D

Just hope they don't nerf us now b/c of our Hybrid tag  :-\

Riddlerr

[blizzard]Quote from: Bornakk - We had hoped that the introduction of some new Honor rewards in the upcoming patch would give players a great opportunity to spend any of their remaining Honor. However, many players would still be surprised by an Honor and token reset as it isn’t something we’ve done in the past. As such, we've decided to not reset Honor or tokens upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King. Players who save their Honor will be able to spend it on level 80 rewards, although those rewards will be significantly more expensive than their level 70 counterparts.
[/blizzard]

Kothnok

I already spent my tokens and honor on trivial crap I didn't really want.  Thanks Blizz.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

capnpop

submit a ticket, see if they'll fix their mistake...

Trismus

Bleh, I'm just going to grind more.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.