PvP tournament

Started by Darkstar, February 19, 2008, 01:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkstar

This looks really interesting....has anyone looked at it yet?  I'm not sure when registration is going to be open

fiere redfern

Vengeance

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/tournament/index.xml
why can i imagine people paying 20 bucks for...premades only to find they cant do anything but lose to real 3v3'rs

fiere redfern

Wow that looks awesome!  :o Just a couple things I'd like to know before starting out though:

- do addons transfer over, or is this going to be like the test server and revert to the default UI?
- what are the time requirements for each match (like say you live in Cali with your partners in Vermont and Oz... do you have to complete a tournament match within a specific 24-hour period or is it flexible?)
- Who wants to get a couple guild teams going?  :D

I know I'm not the best PVP'er on the face of the planet, but I have to say, something like this is pretty exciting!

JohnnieRat

You can make your addons work on the PTR... just gotta copy the files over although a lot of them will be broken if it has to calculate anything that the patch changed (like damage or threat coefficients, or the map or something etc...). It'll be interesting to see how the tourney works since it looks like everyone will be able to go full S3 everything, full chants, gems and all. It'll almost turn into more of a rock, paper scissors match it seems.

capnpop

yeah, at least people can't cry gear....

Druid + ms warr + high burst dps char = win still though...

vakiller

weird...seems like blizz got a look at private servers and decided to make it legal for 6 weeks. Seems like fun but im still broke from buying BC i cand afford this crazyness

Trismus

this is awesome, I'll definitely be there.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Telfurion

I will totally join a team if someone wants, although I haven't done much arena, I understand class balance pretty well and am fairly good at pvp.

capnpop

I won't...

Can't justify spending 20 bucks to lose.  Even with the best pvp individuals you'll still lose without the chemistry (and class composition) needed to win this thing.  Warlocks simply don't cut it in 3s with melee-happy classes that can burst us down even while drain tanking with a healer on us...

Airtotem

It's turned into a Counterstrike expansion, basically, so people can settle the score about gear/skill.

But I will sign up of course! Not that I'm a huge fan of WoW PVP, but I think it's a great idea to try 3 different classes with whatever specs, whatever playstyle you feel like; I think it would help in determining what class you enjoy most, and start working on your main. Admittedly I am not the best PVP'er but I would still like a crack at whoever if I can gear and spec my favorite class for free. (minus $20)   

Eravion

Looks awesome! I cant wait :D :Kangaroo_Crossing: :Australian_Emblem:

Luise

um...who's paying for that Era?

Muridin

*chuckles to self*

looks like you are, my dear money dispensing, food cooking, clothes cleaning machine that ye are =p

Gutboy

Quote from: Muridin on February 27, 2008, 12:16:34 AM
*chuckles to self*

looks like you are, my dear money dispensing, food cooking, clothes cleaning machine that ye are =p

Now THAT is a 50 DKP minus!

:Koala_Crossing:

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington