Schedule Forum Downtime (Saturday, 11/12/2011 @ 3AM EST)

Started by Shadowwolf, November 11, 2011, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Just a heads up, I will be taking the forum down temporarily on Saturday at 3AM Eastern to upgrade it. We are moving to a new version of the back end which will provide a lot of nice features not currently available.

• WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Editor for new posts (works like Word)
  • Performance Improvements (speed)
  • More Personal Messaging Options (File Attachments, Viewing, Sorting, Labeling)
  • Better Administration Options (Keep spammers away a bit easier, scheduled tasks yay!)
  • Database Improvements (more speed stuff)

For the most part I expect everything to be up right away, however there are some things which may require some tweaking after the initial upgrade which is the Arcade, and the Itemstats. I am moving to a different Itemstats system which is what the main site and TW Pack blogs are now using which is more efficient and versatile. A few other things may need to be custom coded but for the most part it should be good.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Changed my mind, doing it early in the AM, lol

Sorry guys, I kinda want to get it in so I have Sunday to work on major kinks.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Cottonbaler

In both IE9, Firefox 8 on Win 7 and Safari on my MAC I get this message in the section below Recent Forum Topics: " Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet."  even though I am logged in. I logged out and back in with the same result.

[attach=1]

Hope this helps.

CB/BP
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Friends help you move...
...REAL friends help you move bodies.

I Believe In Making Sacrifices. Can I Start With You?

Shadowwolf

Yea thats nothing to be concerned about atm, with upgrading the forum we kinda broke the link between the main site and the forum, but everything else works.

Thanks for the heads up, let me know if anything else is out of place.